Ausmini
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:51 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

If you look at your pictures of the shafts before assembly, the welded sleeves are approximately the same distance along the shaft from the CV joint end. And in the picture of the assembled shafts, the boot stops just before the welded sleeves on both shafts. This makes me think that the drive shafts are not pressed into the CV joint to the same distance.

I'm only judging by a couple of pictures, but it looks to me that either one isn't pressed in enough, or they were assembled without the circlip and one has been pressed too far in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 pm 
998cc
998cc

I had a closer look/measured the assembled driveshafts and the shafts have definitely been pressed into the Mini outer CVs properly. It looks like the workshop just over stretched one of the Mini CV boots

Last edited by Mearcat on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:12 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

You said it yourself previously- the driveshafts are different lengths- so ofcourse the boots are going to look different from one side to the other when they butt upto the sleeve. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 pm 
998cc
998cc

Harley wrote:
You said it yourself previously- the driveshafts are different lengths- so ofcourse the boots are going to look different from one side to the other when they butt upto the sleeve. :D

The sleeve position is not the problem. Here's a closer view where you can see the (top) boot has been stretched a lot before the clamp was put on.

I had the workshop correct the boot position on the shaft. Turns out they clamped the boot in the wrong "dip" on the shaft.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 304 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21