Ausmini
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Heavy Clutch
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:12 am 
998cc
998cc

Guys I just finished hooking up my clutch system. Looks very nice an all, only one problem. The clutch is pretty heavy. Not impossible but I think you would get a sore leg after a while. I have checked and the flow during bleeding come out well and there is no grabbing or anything. Could it be that the thing has an extra stiff pressure plate or something. Also the arm moves all the way in and out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:30 am 
848cc
848cc

have yo u modified the clutch arm at all?? my clutch is reall heavy, probably about 1.5-2 X as heavy as a normal mini clutch.. because i had to shorten my clutch arm lever to fit the hydraulic setup on.. also have a repco RPM clutch so..

aint much else you can do, not to sure if theres bigger bore master cyl's out there but..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:39 am 
1275cc
1275cc

matt mine felt pretty stiff when i first tried it out. i found that i had a brake master instead of clutch master hooked up so i changed it to a clutch one. Made it alittle better but still alot stiffer then the mini clutch.

I then changed the clutch slave cylinder for an aussie starlet one and it made it alittle better too. In the end i think i have just got used to it and dont even feel it that much anymore.

I have just installed a EXEDY heavy duty (300hp) clutch and pressure plate in mine and it feels almost exactly the same as the standard clutch, just alot more bite :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:15 am 
998cc
998cc

Brilliant thanks guys, yeah I think that is what it is, just simply the situation nothing abnormal (per se). So there one thing more signed off. Just finishing the seat rails which should be done by the weekend... :wink: :D . God they look cool...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:27 pm 
848cc
848cc

I had a heavy clutch pedal, I found that by fitting a new clutch hose, made a heap of diffrence and a much lghter pedal.