Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:10 pm 
998cc
998cc

Thanks Dion,

The carpet was a two piece moulded type ( not that good a fit ) and i did modify it under the centre console.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:24 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Love it. I like the color, and the way you kept the interior old skool. That exhaust looks like it hangs a long way down at the front.

All in various states of repair...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:49 pm 
998cc
998cc

Exhaust and water pipes hang down low at the front, in fact only 60mm clearence (way to low) however the issue is in the middle of the car when going over speed humps. I have had the water pipes rub and move back on the mounts :oops:

Just another thing to sort out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:58 pm 
998cc
998cc

Dan,

Any progress to report?
How's it been travelling?
What does the engine bay look like after a few miles on the clock?

I keep reading this thread for inspiration... It makes me go and take a bit more time with the little details on my car to try and get them just right. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:07 am 
998cc
998cc

Clubby,

Engine bay still looks great, The bonnet that i made (it was only ever meant to be a temporary one) has been affected by the heat of the turbo along with flex when opening. Some cracks have apperared.

Otherwise the car is holdoing up well. I have not driven it much lately. I have one issue i want to sort out, when i drive the car i smell of petrol fumes, the car runs rich when idling, the fire wall has been blanked off so no real issues there, there are no leaks in the exhaust. This is really annoying and I'm hopping it will sort itself out with the new computer.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:14 pm 
998cc
998cc

Minime, while not 100% sure would lay money on the richness, mine does the same thing (boot covered in black soot). From what I am reliably told basically once the levels go out of range of the standard ECU setup, i.e. bigger turbo, front mount intercooler etc, the ECU goes spastic especially on boost and basically it goes "I have no idea what is going on with the air flow levels, oh well I will simply dump as much fuel as I can". So it runs bloody rich, mine runs 10:1 AFR on boost, car stinks of petrol...An aftermarket ECU should solve this as you can tune the fuel ratio...

Cheers

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:39 pm 
998cc
998cc

Sounds good..... Its one thing to build a car that looks the crap out of the box, but really impressive if it still goes well and looks good a few months down the track.

Thats why I am building mine to be fairly standard for the time being... I figure I'll have enough basic bugs to iron out before I turn the wick up later on, when I get it alll operating as one package. 8)

Toyota 4EFTE Powered Minivan.
102 Kw @ The Front Wheels....Oh What a Feeling!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:57 pm 
998cc
998cc

Minstar,

I think that is the problem too. I have the Autronic sitting at home but just have not had the time to install it. Rego is coming up in April (1 year already) so i will work on installing the computer after rego.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:51 am 
998cc
998cc

i have exhaust soot all over the hatch/bumper after a few weeks of driving my starlet gt, its got standard ecu but running a tdo4l, ministar pretty much hit the nail on the head, ecu jus goes a lil crazy throwing fuel into the engine. I however dont smell like petrol after i get out of the car, maybe the exhaust/petrol fumes are coming through the boot of the mini??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:51 pm 
848cc
848cc

minime, is your oil filter mounted directly onto yr block or is mounted onto an adapter. My filter touches the grill at the moment. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:35 am 
998cc
998cc

I think you will find that most of us have had to fit remote oil filter kits to stop the filter from fouling.

Such as this:

(I cant find any pics of block side of the system... Its late and I'm tired.)

Toyota 4EFTE Powered Minivan.
102 Kw @ The Front Wheels....Oh What a Feeling!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:35 pm 
998cc
998cc

veedubzz,

My oil filter is fixed direct to the block with only a thin (1-3mm) aluminium spacer. Your motor may be mounted further foward than mine?? or possibly the filter you are using is too tall??

Alternatively you could space your grille a little?? or install an aftermarket relocator.

Good luck.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:56 pm 
848cc
848cc

Thanks minime,

Yes my motor is slightly more forward than yours, I am using the shortest filter I can get. I have a bracket that moves the filter away from the block where the oil feed from the turbo comes off, if I could mount the filter onto the block and take a feed for the turbo from there then I would clear my grill.

I have a pic but I don't know how to paste the pic in here, can sum1 show me how pls. I know it's got something to do with the Img button.

minime do you have a pic of yr aluminium spacer that u are using to mount the filter to yr block and does if hav an outlet for the oil feed for the turbo?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:01 pm 
848cc
848cc

veedubzz wrote:

I have a pic but I don't know how to paste the pic in here, can sum1 show me how pls. I know it's got something to do with the Img button

http://www.ausmini.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10405

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:42 am 
998cc
998cc

veedubzz,

Aluminium spacer is approx 70mm in diameter with a 32mm hole. When you take the factory relocator off and remove the three studs you will have to do the following:

1. Obtain a new threaded nipple for the oil filter to screw onto, use a 4efe one (mine came from japan and cost $6) you can find one at a wreakers.
2. Place sufficient selastic into the stud holes an under the aluminium plate, fit the plate and then screw the oil filter down onto it. You will be able to remove the filter in the future and the plate will remain in place.
3. Turbo oil feed - remove oil pressure sensor and fit nipple to block. Use a tee piece and suitable fittings to fit the oil pressure sensor and turbo oil feed nipple. Mount somwhere close by and fit appropriate rubber hoses. I suggest you do not fit the tee piece to the block as it is brass and the weight/fatigue may cause issues at a later stage, plus i could never get mine tight and it leaked oil.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next