Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:06 pm 
998cc
998cc

Well, trip was uneventful, morrie is now safely installed in it's new home.

Poor photo this, you can only see half the shed, and yes, that is a pit.

:D :D :D :D :D

Loving my new shed.

Last edited by madmorrie on Thu May 13, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 am 
Bimmer Twinky

& a squirrel on a gantry

& a partridge in a pair tree

:-)

Nice

You should put your heart & soul into everything you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:10 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Location: Burpengary, Queensland - Home of Tricky Performance Engineering
That is truly palatial Ross!!

You could get lost in there!!

Well done mate, cheers
Tricky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 pm 
998cc
998cc

Well, it is bliss working on the car in it's new surroundings. While I generally now only get to work on it weekends, (I have snuck up there a few Wednesday nights to get some more hours on it), I have not been idle even though this thread would suggest that. I am pleased to say I can see the end of the tunnel with regards to rust-repair.

This weekend I tackled what I thought was going to be the hardest rust repair on the car. The 'trumpet' panel under the LHS front guard. I had contemplated getting a panel from the UK for this, as I did with the sill, but they are hard to come by, and I would have to get it shipped etc.etc. In the end I figured since, unlike the sill, it can't be seen, I'd have a bash at making one and see how it came out. So Friday night I started with a flat sheet of steel, and by 10pm Saturday I had it welded in. Pretty happy with how it turned out actually. Yes it has tooling marks all over it, but it is close enough for me, and by the time it is under some underseal you won't see it anyway. I also had good mate Toby over helping this weekend, who spent literally hours grinding off the bumper mounts for me which is going to look ace one we finish it all. Cheers Tobe.

Anyway, pics tell it better so...

One more repair panel to go in the engine bay, than a small patch on the boot and we are ready to start banging dents out and prepping for paint. Progress feels good!

That is all.

Madmorrie

Last edited by madmorrie on Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 pm 
848cc
848cc

Well done Ross looks the ducks guts

Ready for paint yeehaaa thats been a wait and a half

Cheers Hallsey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:10 pm 
998cc
998cc

Well, as usual, life gets in the way of all great projects, however I can report some recent progress.

No photos of it, but a few months ago I managed to get the handbrake, gearshift and seat mounts all finished and welded in. With that done I was free to paint the underside without it all peeling off again. Then it looked like...

So this weekend with it upside down but off the rotisserie at the front I was able to strip the lower half of the firewall.

Prime it.

And with that dry here's a hint of the colour I've gone for.

And finally I have some topcoat on the car! OK, it's only a little bit, and one you wont see, but hey many small victories win the battle...

So this week I also finally tracked down the CORRECT fuel line (thanks pootek for selling me the wrong stuff at 4 times the price and wasting a bunch of my time bending it up!!!) and have bent it to shape. I also got the last bits I needed for the brake lines. I have nearly finalised the mounting of the hydrolastic adjustment valves, and finished remaking the hydro lines to suit. With all that done and the bottom of the firewall and sills painted, I can put it back on its rear wheels at least.

Madmorrie

Last edited by madmorrie on Thu May 13, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:19 pm 
Yay For Hay!

d'oh - really wanted to see the pictures!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:31 pm 
998cc
998cc

WTF!!!

About ready to order an airstrike on my ISP!

Edit - pics fixed now.

Last edited by madmorrie on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:47 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Very well done Ross, love it.

Did you wheel that fill piece, or just pound it on a shot bar??

Cheers,
Tricky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:07 pm 
998cc
998cc

Tricky, I wish I had an english wheel. That one was a combo of bending and hammering over various forms. And two welding gloves on top of each other makes a quick and dirty substitute for a shot bag when you don't have one! :) It actually came up much better than expected and now with it in and painted with underseal I'm quite happy with it.

Cheers
Madmorrie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:53 pm 
998cc
998cc

Well, not a lot of progress, life gets in the way again...

I did manage to get the fuel filler flap turned down and silver soldered in to the fuel filler neck the other day. A bit of a messy soldering job, but it will work nonetheless. It's one more step.

I will post in the wanted section as well, but I'm looking for a decent set of rear subframe mounts. The front ones immediately behind the rear seat. I actually only need one, but forgot to bring it back to Melbourne so I cant tell you which side...

Madmorrie

Last edited by madmorrie on Thu May 13, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:53 pm 
998cc
998cc

As usual, it's been a long break between updates.

Some progress has happened in the last few months.

I managed to order e new rear sub mount from the UK and finally get the body off the rotisserie and onto some wheels. I think it is literally sitting on the tyres in this photo, which looks ace, but will obviously be rectified once the other end goes in.

Almost got the engine bay painted in preparation the front subby, but ran out of paint.

Anyway, that was back in april.

Last edited by madmorrie on Thu May 13, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 am 
998cc
998cc

However the real news this week is I think I have finally got some brakes sorted for the beast.

After exhausting every avenue I could think of shy of a set of uber expensive KAD discs, I made one last ditch trip around the wreckers on Saturday.

I was pessimistic to say the least, and only took a sample caliper. Having done this walk several times before, I left the hub with metro vented disc attached in the car, cause it's a bloody heavy lump to lug around a wreckers, especially when you're not exactly hopeful of finding what you need. I even left the toolbox. So after the obligatory weird look from the sales clerk at the desk when I explained that I didn't exactly know what I was looking for, I headed in.

After maybe 20mins of half-hearted searching, (I was on the phone) I stumbled upon this.

The call ended pretty quick then. "Um, I have to go, I think I just found the holy grail of car parts..."

I didn't even need tools to remove them, they were just laying on the ground. I did put one back on finger tight to try to verify that they did indeed come off this car. So there you go, A question I have been asking for some time now, and the answer is a renault clio?

Somehow, I have no idea why. The renault clio brake caliper has the same bolt spacing as the 1100/1300/1500 range. Surely these would be metric?? Somehow it is nearly a perfect fit over a metro turbo vented disc, when it is fitted to a Morris 1500 upright. All it needed was a bit of minor tidying up of some, er, casting marks, and a 3mm washer to centre it, and there you have it. Brake conversion done in a day. I think the hoses even bolt up!

Clio vs 1100 caliper

And after all that, since I had managed to finish the engine bay paint, I refittted the cars identity to it.

Heres hoping I can get back up there soon to get a subframe in.

Now questions. What clutches are people putting in for street driven 4EFTEs?
And what model toyota does the larger slave cylinder come off?

Cheers all
Madmorrie.

Last edited by madmorrie on Thu May 13, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:36 am 
Yay For Hay!

score!! Renault Clio brakes to the rescue

"casting marks".... nice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:04 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Yippie Ki-A!!!! Well done Ross, perserverance pays off!!

I am running a Exedy HD organic, cant remember the part number off the top of my head but could chase it down if you want.

Cheers,
Tricky

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next