Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:31 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Location: Burpengary, Queensland - Home of Tricky Performance Engineering
Top marks mate, really well done!

You will be terrorizing the big boys in no time! :shock:

Cheers,
Tricky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:14 pm 
848cc
848cc

I've already posted the question on au starlet, but maybe the crew on here knows...

How many speedo cable revolutions occur per output (drive) shaft revolution? I've got an electric speedo with a mechanical to electric sender at the gearbox (which I still need to confirm the number of rotor notches), but need to know how many cable revolutions occur per wheel rev.

Anyone by any chance checked this as part of an elec speedo install? I'd swap the sender out for the original cable, but that's likely going to be a several hour exercise thanks to the location.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:28 pm 
998cc
998cc

I'm not sure if it help[s or not, but I recall that on the back of the tacho or speedo face dial piece (within the instrument cluster), there is a number printed that says something like km/h per rpm. I can't remember exactly if it's on the tacho or speedo dial but check it out and see if it helps.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:43 pm 
848cc
848cc

Unfortunately I don't have the old cluster. Cheers but!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:48 am 
998cc
998cc

Luckily I do and haven't installed yet. I 've unboxed mine and on the back of the speedo dial fascia it has printed 637REV=1KM Does that help?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 pm 
848cc
848cc

Alan, as always your input is immensely helpful. Thanks mate!

Just to confirm 1 thing; you are talking about the Starlet speedo right? and not the mini one.

If that's the case all my questions are answered! Just need to multiply by 8 (8 pulses per rev induction sensor) to get pulses per km.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:02 pm 
998cc
998cc

amos wrote:
Just to confirm 1 thing; you are talking about the Starlet speedo right? and not the mini one.

Correct - that is on the speedo in the Starlet instrument cluster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:40 pm 
848cc
848cc

Got the requirements for registration today. It's a reasonably exhaustive list of requirements, but nothing that I didn't expect. Going to get busy with more forms!

Another question for those of you out there...

Charcoal fuel vapour filter. Does this just have 2 connections? One from the fuel tank and one to the throttle body/ inlet manifold I presume. I don't have one and need to chase one down. This is one of the requirements - which I expected but haven't yet actioned.

Any help would be appreciated, I couldn't for the life of me find any details in my 4EFTE book.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:45 pm 
998cc
998cc

it's been 2 years since your last post. Did you get around to registration & licensing?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:57 pm 
848cc
848cc

Yeah mate - all done! Got it registered a few months ago. So much fun!! Still got interior to finish and touch ups on the paint. Main issue was over track due to new wheel offsets. I've got some work to do to on the crazy torque steer, mainly due to the scrub radius from the wheel offsets.

It's so rewarding to drive and looking forward to taking it on a mini event.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:31 pm 
998cc
998cc

amos wrote:
Yeah mate - all done! Got it registered a few months ago. So much fun!! Still got interior to finish and touch ups on the paint. Main issue was over track due to new wheel offsets. I've got some work to do to on the crazy torque steer, mainly due to the scrub radius from the wheel offsets.

It's so rewarding to drive and looking forward to taking it on a mini event.

Congratulations Nick! It's great to hear that you're now a member of the exclusive group of people with a project that actually made it to completion and being enjoyed. If you have some time, I'm sure there are many people (including me) who would love to see some photos of the finished job and some details.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:05 pm 
848cc
848cc

Absolutely. I'll post some pics and details when I get back from the USA. Just on holidays currently :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14