Ausmini
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Merry Christmas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:22 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Location: Burpengary, Queensland - Home of Tricky Performance Engineering
To all my very good friends and forumites on the Ausmini site, have a very Merry Xmas and a very happy and prosperous New Year.

See you all in 2012 and stay safe!!

Cheers,
Tricky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:12 pm 
Bimmer Twinky

& to you too my good friend

have a few drinkahols for me for the entrance of the new year OK?

You should put your heart & soul into everything you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:22 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Will do Matt.

How did the Op go??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:57 am 
Bimmer Twinky

oooh,,, not too well actually,, they killed me (again)

lucky i still had a couple of lives left up my sleeve, i don`t think i have that many left anymore :-)

now i have a piece of crap-plaque that broke off (pushed-mushed through the wire mesh stent & now it`s stuck down in the bottom of my heart blocking one of the lower artery sections so i have some "dead-heart" happening,,, i`m attempting to dissipate-melt it away with the food i`m eating

i start cardio re-hab in early Jan,,, i`m doing 5min walks every day now, attempting to build them up to 10min walks by the time i hit the rehab clinic,,, i`m not quite getting 5 mins before i have to sit down & have a nanna nap :-)

Oh!!! & i get my buggy back from Dale today... :-) ,,, yes--> today!!! i`ve been missing it bad,,, now i can cuddle it again :-) & sit in it makeing vroom-vroom noises pretending i`m a race car driver ;-) ,,, i still have plenty to do on it , but my wiring guy (Jonno) is keen to finish that part off ...& then Dale can finish his work with the exhaust & the alloy panel work after that

Totally hangin for a fangin :-)

You should put your heart & soul into everything you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:53 am 
SooperDooperMiniCooper ExpertEngineering

We took a drive up to the Australian Alps on Boxing Day for a lark. When we got there I figured we could take a chairlift up to the top and watch the mountain bikers do the downhill tracks and maybe do some walking on the track to Mt Kosciusko and see the summer wildflowers.

I was a little shocked to find only a couple of hundred meters from the chair lift on the track to Kosciusko that there were many large sections of snow to be found in the lee of the hills. They were maybe 50 meters square, and maybe 5 feet deep. We were in summer clothes, I was in thongs and we were throwing snowballs and making snow angels. The day before we were swimming at Batemans Bay, and now we were playing in the snow! So the kids and I had a white Christmas as well as a hot one.
1972 meters, 18 degrees, summer wild flowers and five feet of snow...I love a Christmas in Australia.

All garage work involves equal measures of enthusiasm, ingenuity and a fair degree of irresponsibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:08 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Hey Matt,

Hope it all goes well with the ticker, truly wish you a full and speedy recovery my friend!! Mate you have more lives than a cat!! Good news on getting the buggy back, and its nearly all completed which is a bonus too! Whats the first event for the season??

Hey Mick - hey mate how you doin'? The kids look like they had a great time in the summer snow!! Yes, Xmas in Austrlia is a fanatastic time of year!! Nice pics of the kids too. Was Santa kind?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:00 am 
SooperDooperMiniCooper ExpertEngineering

Santa was very kind.

Good luck in the recovery Matt, I was thinking of you when I was watching the Mountain bikers in the body armour doing the downhill.

All garage work involves equal measures of enthusiasm, ingenuity and a fair degree of irresponsibility.