Ausmini
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:13 pm 
Die Die Die!!

time for an update.. and not much of one at that..

im back from my holidays now,

the radiator shop is taking its sweet ass time to modify my radiator (3 weeks and counting!) but hopefully ill pick it up tomorrow,

while i was on holidays my radiator fan came in the mail., hope it fits the radiator when i get it back from the shop
also today i finished filing out the speaker holes in the dash, so i just need to drill the holes out.

tomorrow i will get some offcuts of sheet metal and make some brackets for the Sirion dash cluster and the Cup Holder, also hopefully finish cutting the dash holes for the switches, stereo, and glove box

Last edited by _666_ on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:17 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

I've got another speedo cluster sitting in my shed that we swapped over to the one you have now. I don't remember why (but there must have been a reason, actually might have been because the speedo connection kept coming loose)
It might be good if you ever need parts for it

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:22 pm 
Die Die Die!!

hmm, see what happens, the fuel guage on this one is REALLY slow !, but as far as i know it works...

when i get back to society (any other capital city other than darwin) i may get one for a decent price, as i was keen to swap to the later type with the tacho

i did notice the speedo cable supplied gad the tab broken on it, would probably be a good idea to get a new one..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:24 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Location: Burpengary, Queensland - Home of Tricky Performance Engineering
Use the later-style cluster, much nicer!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 pm 
Die Die Die!!

so spent the day with a friend and sorted out the Shift, modified it to fit the Moke gear stick bracket and shortened it to fit the moke gear stick hole,

also made a bracket to hold the radiator unfortunately i didn't take a pic of it yet..

also MVR insisted that i fit a roll bar.. so heres a snap with the rollbar (it is yet to be polished)

tomorrow ill finish making brackets to hold the sirion cluster in my dash, and cutting the holes for the stereo and cup holders, then ill bolt the dash in for its final fitting before going to get painted

also on the agenda for tomorrow is some other small stuff but with some luck ill have it derivable to go get the exhaust done :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:52 am 
Die Die Die!!

More Progress today,

Tested the Thermo fan and washer bottle, all working. still need to finish the connectors for them though.

after i filled the radiator the other day it was leaking out of a heater fitting at the back of the engine (Doh !) so today i bought a plug and tried again, only to find i had forgotten to tighten the intake manifold, these silly engines use a blanking plate on the intake manifold to block part of the cooling galleys in the block, so because it was loose it leaked into the 1st cylinder and down the block onto the floor.
after emptying the cylinder and spending a C#$%t of a time doing the intake headers up it doesn't leak at the moment (final check to be done once the petrol tank is full again)

also install the side mirrors, had to make some spacers for them, i chopped some shock absorber rubber spacers in half which worked a treat,

next i emptied the fuel tank and partially removed it to get access to the panel above to start marking and drilling ( ;() the body for the roll bar that MVR says i need to install (for the seat belt regulations)

and last but not least i started the engine and also took a short video for everyone here, keep in mind that it is only running with about 3 foot of headers, and i believe the alternator bearing is on its way out so its a little loud

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=535441583227846&l=72520027096039701

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:55 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Feel the power... :) Nice progress mate.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:25 pm 
Die Die Die!!

been working on the dash a bit as of late, finished cutting all the holes and painting it,

sourced a new thermostat and installed that, and spent most of the after noon today wiring up the rockers switches, and what an experience that was, its taken awhile.

tomorrow, i will finish off the switched, wire up the stereo, and possibly attempt to wire up the hazard lights,
then ill test my fuel pump which has been causing me issues,

i will also check that there's no wiring issues, as i believe the fuel pump might not be wired correctly.

heres a pic of the dash the other day before i started putting it in the car :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:37 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Nice job!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:43 pm 
Die Die Die!!

ok, so dash is in, and switches wired up, fuel pump issue and thermostat issue sorted,

just a few things left on the list,
finish installing the number plate lights, steering column surround, polishing the rollbar and detailing the moke, other than that its all ready to mingle !

the moke will driven on permit tomorrow to get the wheels aligned and then to the exhaust shop the day after :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:08 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Excellent progress!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:20 pm 
Causing or creating vexation

Great news.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:57 pm 
Die Die Die!!

ok! so things are almost complete,

car is finished basically, went and took it to the wheel aligner today, still needs to get the rears adjusted properly though, needs a steering column shroud modified (my dremel crap itself), a bezel for the speedo cluster and some carpets made up

the TAC (transport authority Commitee Representative) comes to inspect it on thursday, and hopefully by then i have my engineers report finished and then i can get it registered on friday or monday

here are the pics you have all been waiting for :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:14 pm 
848cc
848cc

Wow that looks great! When are you swapping the wheels over? I remember earlier in the thread i saw some pictures of them...mambas were they?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:30 pm 
Die Die Die!!

yeah they are, they will be swapped over once the moke has passed its inspection, purely because of the width

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next