Ausmini
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: SUB Frame
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:16 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi, I the front subframe you built looks great. You mentioned that you had the parts made up for other people to do Swift GTI conversions. How do they cost? I gather it will fit into a Clubman.

Also with the fuel injector air body you had the air intake on the right hand side, how did you do that?

Post subject: Re: SUB Frame
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:28 pm 
Bimmer Twinky

who?

You should put your heart & soul into everything you do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:56 am 
848cc
848cc

Sorry, I'm new at this. Was trying to attached my comment to "Harley's Rover Mini 16V build", or get in touch with him.

I am converting a Clubman to run a SWift GTi motor. I had the car converted, and it was running when I brought it home. Parked it in the garage for a couple of years until I had finished my 1964 MINI complete rebuild. The 64 Mini is now going and registered, just a couple of minor items to finish.

I have now a had a chance to look at the Clubman and found so much wrong with it. I have now dropped the motor and subframe out. The subframe I dont believe is strong enough. Time to start again.

I would like to add photos of my just completed 64 Mini and also I have a 67 Mini in the Family Room which I converted to a bed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:20 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Hi Lyall - I only did a small run of the GTI frames- they look good and are pretty strong / light weight, but not cost effective enough for me to sell any more.
The GTI engines are pretty light and in the scheme of things 100hp NA isn't that much compared to other engine conversions, so for road use the frames don't need to be too crazy.
I'd be interested to see some photos of the frame you have - but at the end of the day your engineer will have to be the person satisfied with the frame more than anyone else thinks of it.