Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:08 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

I'm really happy with Spot, my cg13de mini I think other conversions have power over mine but it just feels really good to drive, torquey and responsive and just fun but also well behaved, I don't know why but it doesn't torque steer and no nasty surprises.

Probably something you might do already but... My waterpump failed shortly after I got it registered, it seems the seals may have hardened from not being used so may be worth changing.
I managed to change it with the engine in, but it was a awkward job.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:12 pm 
848cc
848cc

Thanks for posting. I like the idea of it still being fun to drive.
If you post a video of the engine running that would be really cool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:27 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

How's this :
https://goo.gl/photos/LJ12a6MexsKh67Q47

0 to 100 run.

Further details and stuff here :
http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/to ... getnewpost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:11 pm 
848cc
848cc

Spot is awesome.. Thanks for sharing fuzzy hair man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:09 am 
1360cc
1360cc

fuzzy-hair-man wrote:
I'm really happy with Spot, my cg13de mini I think other conversions have power over mine but it just feels really good to drive, torquey and responsive and just fun but also well behaved, I don't know why but it doesn't torque steer and no nasty surprises.

http://www.redlinemotive.com/store/turb ... bo-kit.asp :idea: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:33 am 
Bimmer Twinky

got some more work done on mine yesturday, Dale (Our fabricator) came3 around & we fired into finishing off our subframe, now we`re stripping it all down to sand-blast & paint it

we`ll pretty-up the engine & get it all back int he hole once the body is painted

now we are onto modifying the inlet manifold to fit it into the mini engine bay

we`ll run with it in N/A form for a little while & then throw all our turbo injection stuff on it after that

this one has been a long time coming but we only work on it when we have some spare time , which isn`t very often these days :-)
cheers all
i`m off racing Mt Cotton Hillclimb tomorow
then Byron surf festival & blues bands at the beach hotel tomorow night
then off to Willowbank autocross on sunday :-)

You should put your heart & soul into everything you do.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:39 am 
1360cc
1360cc

TheMiniMan wrote:
i`m off racing Mt Cotton Hillclimb tomorow
then Byron surf festival & blues bands at the beach hotel tomorow night
then off to Willowbank autocross on sunday :-)

... and a stop-off for some waggon wheels on the way home? :P

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:59 am 
848cc
848cc

What modifications are you making wot the inlet manifold?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:44 pm 
Bimmer Twinky

Winabbey, i was going to say that there wasn`t enough time to stop in for some wagon wheels, but we did walk into the bakery at midnight (after the blues bands were finished) & bought a mexican chilli pie before wandering back to the kombi to go bedy-byes :-) so i spose i could have bought a dozen or so wagon wheels then :-) but didn`t , & yes i`m quite ashamed of myself, what was i thinking passing up on a chance like that??? :-)

& too-much-boost,,, i`ve cut the inlet manifold off it`s cyl-head mounting flange, welding 4x seperate 90deg alloy pipe bends (pointing upwards) onto that flange, (just back from the injector bosses) , then welding the other ends of those pipes into a plenum chamber, capping one end & welding the throttle body flange plate onto the other end.
effectively just stuffing with the original nissan inlet manifold so it clears everything & make the original throttle body work (Just for now), it`s only until we have the whole car sorted & running before we fit all the turbo crap & Adaptronic injerktion stuff on :-)

Now we have to finish the body (& paint it) , stick both subframes back into the car to get it all back on wheels with steering & brakes & such...then wire it all up, throw all the uppolstery & glass at it & make it go Verooom,,, get our engineer to sign off on all of it.... & after all that we will throw all the turbo injerktion crap at it & try to blow it up :-) (we have 3x spare power units) so i`m not phazed if one goes POP :-) at least we can work out where the limit of the std engine is & then fit the proper turbo engine that we have sitting here (decent forged pistons, Tomie cams, lower compression, modified sump for turbo oil return, strong Greddy clutch pack, slight head work etc etc

i`ve been looking for a close ratio box with LSD but do you think i can find a March race box anywhere---? No :-( , , so i may have to play with a honda or suzuki diff to see if i can make something like that fit into the poor little "thing" of a gearbox :-)
but that`s for another day.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:37 am 
1098cc
1098cc

TheMiniMan wrote:
i`ve been looking for a close ratio box with LSD but do you think i can find a March race box anywhere---? No :-( , , so i may have to play with a honda or suzuki diff to see if i can make something like that fit into the poor little "thing" of a gearbox :-)
but that`s for another day.

Matt Humphries in the UK can sell you a LSD and a close ratio box matt.
Catalogue here, he has been involved with preping rally k11 micras for a long time.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&sour ... AZOyEeT_vA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:32 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Have you thought of mixing and matching with the CG10DE gearbox? Or even just using the CG10DE gearbox by itself?

Micra guys like the CG13DE on a CG10DE box but 10" wheels have dropped the gearing anyway.

If you get something from Matt in the UK let me know as I may be interested in some cams. He is a nice guy so worth talking to even just to get a better idea of the options.

Oh in my reading just now it was suggested the 31V box is longer so it may not fit in the frame?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:50 am 
998cc
998cc

Is the CG13De one of the few engines that will fit the engine bay while retaining the inner wings and preserving the bulkhead?

Everyone has their own flavour to these engine swaps, I can see that mat has chopped the inner wings but others have relieved them with bulges to clear some components and some appear to be completely stock.

I would like to do something that will keep the body essentially stock but its not clear whether the Nissan mill offers this. Any experience on this?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:55 am 
848cc
848cc

Thats what appeals to me about this swap. Also I like nistune as it makes tuning the ecu very simple. Also micras are very cheap. I just bought one complete for $150

What I dont like is that they aren't that powerful compared to other options and dont seem overly durable. Also its tough finding one with less than 200,000km on it

For me, if i cant get 100fwkw or thereabouts, its not really worth all the effort given I already have a hot 1275

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:09 pm 
Bimmer Twinky

yes i did cut the inner guards, but mainly so we can make it an easier fit
we are making alloy inner guard panels up for it so it will look nice & clean when finished
We also cose this power unit for the price & availability
we got given the first car, the 2nd cost me $450 (Complete & lovely little car)
& the 3rd power unit we got was modified for turbo with forged low-comp pistons
Tomie cams, Sump moded for turbo oil drain, decent clutch n flywheel etc cost $450 also
so , now we have 3x power units costing less than $1G
we have already made the subframes for a couple of them
we have already made the turbo manifold & dump pipe & are well into making the inlet-maifold-plenum chamber etc
so with the turbo version it will be pretty quick, & pretty cost effective :-)
& i`m running 13X8" wheels with big Toyo 888`s :-) so gearing shouldn`t be too much of a problem for me :-) (i hope) :-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:20 pm 
Bimmer Twinky

Oh & thanks for that link to Matt for the gearbox, he does have piles of Micra bits :-)
thank you
I`ll look into the dog box gear kit & bell him after my holidays, looks to be about $4000 landed here
ouch :-) but still, then i have to add the LSD (Ouch again)
:-) Marly may not approve :-) maybe i`ll Just have to sneak it in without telling her :-)