Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:54 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Should be OK beacuse the brackets are bolting into the holes on the vertical panel not the floor.

1978 ex 1275 LS ("Wizard" Eaton Supercharged) :)
2015 HSV GenF GTS(occasional drive & tow car)
2019 MINI F55 Cooper S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:06 pm 
848cc
848cc

Reviving an old tread here but it has raised a few questions for me. I'm in need of getting my '76 Clubbie on to a spit and as you can pick up engine stands pretty cheap on eBay nowadays I was considering using these rather than manufacturing something myself.

However, in all the threads I've seen where engine stands have been used it always seems they are used on older minis where the spit goes right through the car rather than the later method with individual end mounts so my question is whether using cheap engine stands is a viable approach or not for later shells?

Also, earlier in this thread there are engine stands shown sat on wheel rims for extra height - is this essential to get ground clearance or is it simply to get a little more comfortable breathing space?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:34 pm 
SooperDooperMiniCooper ExpertEngineering

Nick_P wrote:

Also, earlier in this thread there are engine stands shown sat on wheel rims for extra height - is this essential to get ground clearance or is it simply to get a little more comfortable breathing space?

Thanks in advance.

I can't answer your earlier question, but for the latter then yes it helps to give it that little bit more height. They work fine, but to allow the sill to fully turn around the extra height is needed. Anything will do. Rims are pretty useful too.

All garage work involves equal measures of enthusiasm, ingenuity and a fair degree of irresponsibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:59 pm 
848cc
848cc

Thx for the thread revival.
I'm also looking at doing this but how high must the rotisserie be for a full revolution of the car?
I'm just thinking if I can get 2 engine stands that are high enough with a pole though the car , this will be easier than putting it up on blocks/welding a bar on the upright, etc. this way it can remain movable rather than fixed in 1 location in the garage.
Just not sure if there is such a thing as a higher/adjustable engine stand?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:41 pm 
The Mini King

I am currently moving and will not have room for all of Mine
Give Me a Call interested 02 46481233

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 pm 
848cc
848cc

I asked the question yesterday regarding how to do this. Maybe the moderators could add this to the 'How To' section. Got started on mine just need another engine stand and I'm not paying $140 thanks supercrap!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3