Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:23 am 
1275cc
1275cc

my brother has given me a dinky toys police mini that looks like it has been through some tough times. 1 tyr is missing alot of the paint is chipped axel bent windscreen scratched. but it is cool that you can open the bonnet and look at the engine.

my brother works with explosives to make highways and for mining and i'm gues it is at his job where he found this model. i didn't get a chance to ask though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:25 am 
Give Ash some flowers Nick .

Picsorban!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:04 am 
998cc
998cc

i thought i'd have a look and see if i could find a pic of one of these and i think i found it, although this one hasn't been attacked by explosives or little boys - this is what a mint one would look like:

and they did a clubman too:

not too bad a representation, but the wheels look a bit funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:42 pm 
998cc
998cc

That clubman looks awesome! How hard is it to find models of clubmans? I reckon i've been everywhere and tried everything.

17 Mini Clubman JCW “Noddy”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:15 pm 
Postally Verbose
Postally Verbose

A little difficult but the world is a small place , you'll most likely buy them cheaper on UK ebay and get them posted here than you can buy them here for . These are the ones in my collection , I'll try and find the links to some super detailed UK diecast clubman kits (same size as dinky and corgi but have detailed engines , frustrating to assemble I'd say ) .

The following are all scalextric , pretty easy to find used cars here , the sets are harder ...

These are all Dinky , the main diecast maker of clubmans , they turn up occasionally on ebay here but fairly common in the UK .

This is a Japanese manufacturer , "model planning" , they only do tiny models (1:130 scale )

I forgot to get a photo of the springside models HO scale clubman traveller I have , I'll get it next time and post it here . Please ignore the various flash and grime marks on the display cases , haven't cleaned the humidity/crud off after the wet weather (garage gets damp each time we have more than a week of heavy rain) , the models are safe and clean behind the glass :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:54 pm 
Postally Verbose
Postally Verbose

Crossway Models are the company I was thinking of , they do a range called Abbey Classic and part way down this page are the photo's/details . http://www.crossway-models.co.uk/abbey_classic_kits.htm , it's availible as a kit or assembled .

Kit without engine detail £45.00

Built without engine detail £85.00

Kit with engine detail £52.50

Built with engine detail £99.99

Engine only as kit £15.00