Ausmini
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:48 pm 
998cc
998cc

gday all.
just thourght idd post up some photos of my latest two modles my wife bourght for me as an early fathers day gift.
one is an aussy moke..1968..limited edition no 1818 of 2500.
not bad detail. in blue
came with a certifacate.
its in 1/43 scale.

the other is a orange moke english one and is also a limited edditon
of 1104.

total was around $80.00 aus.

quite happy as i diddnt have any moke ..will be getting some layland ones soon to add to my collection..

enjoy the photos.
from minifreak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:34 pm 
the King of Bling

Nice score for fathersday and great for the collection 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:02 pm 
998cc
998cc

Nice start to the collection, just have to find the other 9 :)

I didn't know the roof came off :o

Have a look at my article over at MokeWerx for a bit more info
http://www.moke.com.au/Joomla/content/view/193/107/
I have got photos of the later (like the Orange one) on the yet.

If any one has more info on Moke models please let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:25 am 
Postally Verbose
Postally Verbose

moe , did you see the moke models in the photo's I posted over there ages ago when we all invaded the moke forum while ausmini was down ? I'll get some more photo's some time and line them all up , I'm missing a couple of the Vitesse ones (one or two , can't remember now) but have the wooden Tiny's moke along with sevearl dinky ones . None of the rare plastic ones though ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:01 pm 
998cc
998cc

I should probably updat the article on the Moke site to show Some of the Dinky range, the 3 newer Vitesse models made by the Chinese company Sun Star, the models are not 'themed' as the older Vitesse ones but just different colours and also the latest James Bond Moke, Have you got one yet Ian?
I did have another look at your post on the moke site, you do have some rare models and moke history. Do you know which Vitesse mokes you are missing?
The Barbie Moke, was that a genuine 'Barbie' product as I remember someone brought one along to a MOA meeting years ago and I think we guessed it was a Barbie rib off, do you know if that was correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:05 pm 
Causing or creating vexation

I don't see much mention of the Dinky Para-Moke in these threads.
What would one in the original packaging be worth nowdays? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:22 am 
Postally Verbose
Postally Verbose

Which version , the cardboard base with the plastic cover or the full cardboard box ? Not sure on current values but I've seen the plastic cover one go for $150 a few years ago and the boxed one for $180 . Both were complete with the parachute etc not being torn .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:15 am 
Postally Verbose
Postally Verbose

Moe , I'll check today on the Barbie Moke but I was pretty sure it was made by Mattel , just can't remember which case it's in to know if it'll be a quick check or an unpacking to get to it . Here's some photo's though , I had to bring this one in from Canada ...

I'll check on the Vitesse ones , the only thing I don't like about them is they used a late Portugese body (I think or was it Cagiva ???) that has the lock box behind the rear seats for all the models . Apart from that the detail is brilliant .

Dinky civilian moke is in the top left corner of this case ,

and paramoke in the earlier box is in the middle of the second row from the top of this one , the other packaging type was a cardboard plinth with a moulded thin clear plastic cover . Morris , I remember seeing an Auction report about 10 years ago where a boxed one had gone for 180 GBP but couldn't find anything else on it . Generally the "Tiny's Moke' is the hardest to find and therefore the most valuable .

And of course Tony's moke in the wooden kit , 1:10 scale .

Sorry for the hijack minifreak1 :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:25 pm 
998cc
998cc

The Dinky moke prices are all over the place thanks to Ebay, about 10 years ago (before ebay) I brough a para moke in new condition, unopened etc for $150 and had heard of others going for $200-$300+ and they can still go for that much, since ebay I have brought a few from all over the world from a couple of dollars to about $20 (I'm tight) but they are usually in rough condition, but I have managed to get some in really good nic for very little money, got a 'Tiny's moke' a few weeks back for only a few $ and it is in great condition, still has tiny in the drivers seat with his head poking thru the roof. another thing is you can buy spare parts for the Dinky mokes from a shop in the UK over the net, he has windscreens and frames, steering wheels, spare wheel covers, roofs (rooves?) and I think the bonnet hinge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:40 pm 
Postally Verbose
Postally Verbose

moemoke wrote:
another thing is you can buy spare parts for the Dinky mokes from a shop in the UK over the net, he has windscreens and frames, steering wheels, spare wheel covers, roofs (rooves?) and I think the bonnet hinge.

Try www.recovertoy.com as well , he's in Syndey from memory and most of the other Australian model parts "suppliers" buy from him ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:35 pm 
Causing or creating vexation

sports850 wrote:
Which version , the cardboard base with the plastic cover or the full cardboard box ? Not sure on current values but I've seen the plastic cover one go for $150 a few years ago and the boxed one for $180 . Both were complete with the parachute etc not being torn .
Mine is the plastic covered version. I may have to dig it out and stick it on ebay then! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:28 pm 
Postally Verbose
Postally Verbose

moemoke wrote:
The Barbie Moke, was that a genuine 'Barbie' product as I remember someone brought one along to a MOA meeting years ago and I think we guessed it was a Barbie rib off, do you know if that was correct?

Well I got it out and had a look , it say's "Mattel , INC , 1990" on the underside so yes , they were a genuine Barbie release .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:26 pm 
998cc
998cc

Thanks for the info Sports850, I'm off to ebay :D