Ausmini
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:52 pm 
998cc
998cc

NT wrote:
My setup on carpet was almost exactly the same as my Tarmac. I just used M-Grips, S-Grips and kit tires. Try M's all round to start with-then balance with S's as needed.

Shocks, springs etc I never adjusted!

Any tyre additive?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:01 pm 
848cc
848cc

Nope none at all. They generate enough grip as it is! With additive it will traction roll!

There might be some other tires available in carpet now, but I don't keep track of them!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:31 pm 
Yay For Hay!

I won an event! there were 3 of us in it, one broke in the first heat, and the other broke half way through the last race, but a win is a win! :lol:

I've been using $10 servos, but I think it's time to move up to something better quality.

I don't know what ratings I need in terms of torque and speed, any help or advice is appreciated.

something like this.. ?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 09sec.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:45 am 
998cc
998cc

Well done Simon with the win!, in terms of servos I haven't run that brand before, but for a decent servo without breaking the bank you can't go past savox as a brand. I have used other brands, which are more expensive (Ko pro Po, highest) they are a tad faster, but these savoxs are unbreakable and have never let me down yet!

My local shop is walter hobby in Fairfield, good blokes and decent prices

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:28 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

There's 2 hobby shops in st Marys and I think there is still 2 in Penrith 1 on high street and 1 in westfields where I got my mini car from years ago

Ians hobby pro shop in st Marys has been around for about 30+ years he was Penrith hobby centre in the same high st shop as above for years until he moved to st Marys about 15 years ago that bloke knows about cars I used to get all my parts off him when I was really into racing every time I go in there to see what's around these days he still asks me about all my cars I used to have and what I have now and lets me know if parts are still around and a hour later im leaving his shop after a chat a bit like going to mini kingdom online for me

And grahams hobbys across the road in st Marys as well in queen st

Most of these shops now are only selling already made cars just pull out of the box and go

I like to build mine from scratch like tamiya and kyosho used to be when they were the only things around then zoop the thing up its no fun buying a already built car I see these days

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:57 pm 
998cc
998cc

Graham's is closing down

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:19 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

simon k wrote:
I won an event! there were 3 of us in it, one broke in the first heat, and the other broke half way through the last race, but a win is a win! :lol:

I've been using $10 servos, but I think it's time to move up to something better quality.

I don't know what ratings I need in terms of torque and speed, any help or advice is appreciated.

something like this.. ?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 09sec.html

As has already been suggested. Buy a savox and then your set. Something like this will do the trick http://www.walterrchobby.com.au/index.p ... servo.html

I also had some success today in my first big cup meet. I placed 4th overall and was only 7sec of the leader in the final. I was very close to third place. I made some great changes in my driving and as a result I am getting better lap times and more consistency.

www.minisinthegong.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:26 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

I know he's closing down st Marys main street is a ghost town these days

We could have driven on the footpath on saturday morning about 10am and probably would of had to dodge a hand full of people yet around the corner at the shopping centre its where's a car park spot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:56 pm 
SooperDooperMiniCooper ExpertEngineering

I had my 10 year old son build me his first RC car this weekend. Its a Tamiya Grasshopper and is pretty low performance, but something I would have dreamt of building when I was a boy his age.

He's asked if we can race each other this weekend. I've got my tamiya mini there, so fair enough....but it would be an unfair advantage to race a mini against the grasshopper...maybe I should buy him a second one :)

All garage work involves equal measures of enthusiasm, ingenuity and a fair degree of irresponsibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:39 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Vintage/rerelease tamiya's like the grasshopper are really cool cars. I've always had my eye on the hotshot, hornet, grasshopper and Neo. They can be bought real cheap from banzai hobby.

www.minisinthegong.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:24 pm 
Causing or creating vexation

Mick wrote:
I had my 10 year old son build me his first RC car this weekend. Its a Tamiya Grasshopper and is pretty low performance, but something I would have dreamt of building when I was a boy his age.

He's asked if we can race each other this weekend. I've got my tamiya mini there, so fair enough....but it would be an unfair advantage to race a mini against the grasshopper...maybe I should buy him a second one :)

I have some used old style Tamiya Grasshoppers here going cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:00 pm 
SooperDooperMiniCooper ExpertEngineering

Morris 1100 wrote:

I have some used old style Tamiya Grasshoppers here going cheap.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a Goulburn pun in there about large old grasshoppers :P

Still, I reckon I'd like to pick one up off you if you have one to spare...

cheers

Mick

All garage work involves equal measures of enthusiasm, ingenuity and a fair degree of irresponsibility.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:56 am 
Yay For Hay!

M.Rage at $82

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:09 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

ryan wrote:
Vintage/rerelease tamiya's like the grasshopper are really cool cars. I've always had my eye on the hotshot, hornet, grasshopper and Neo. They can be bought real cheap from banzai hobby.

I've had the said cars except the neo all second hand jobs picked up at auctions and trash converters if they were cheap

The original hornet was a great car the hornet 2 from the late 90s was junk

If I knew 15 years ago they would be making them again I wouldn't have unscrewed them and binned them but I mainly brought them for the better motors and esc if they had them and the neighbourhood kids had fun trashing them

2 other good cars from that era of cars was the fox and boomerang

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:48 pm 
848cc
848cc

Another vote for savox. I have a hitec servo in my baja for my steering. Something like 43kgs or around about that. Need a lot of torque to turn those wheels...either way hitec i believe are an australian company aswell, quite a large range and quite good prices...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next