Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Model clubman
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:47 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi all, as some may know I'm currently restoring my clubman. It was originally an LS but it had a reshell so as a result, I'm not going to be completely restoring it to standard again.

Anyway, I have been looking for a model mini clubman that I can build or at least paint in the style of my intended finished project. Problem is, I'm having a hard time finding one. I know there aren't many out there and I know there are a fair few on ebay and alike. However, they are 1/43 scale. I'm rather hoping to find a slightly larger one. I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any that have been made, are for sale or are selling themselves?

I know there are some of those abbey/crossway metal clubman kits out there so if I can get my hands on one of them, I will purely for the rarity of it. I know corgi did some but they aren't incredibly detailed. I know dinky did some rather nice ones a few decades back, I remember playing with my dads old dinky 1275gt toy car at my grandmothers house. Unfortunately I don't think that particular car is still in one piece. Just got me thinking, how many other ones are out there?

Post subject: Re: Model clubman
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:51 pm 
998cc
998cc

Spark probably do the most accurate representations..... but then they are 43rds - which you don't seem to want.

In case you haven't come across them before they do a bunch of interesting variations ( on the Mini in general) including Sprints and Broadspeeds...

Cheers, Ian

Post subject: Re: Model clubman
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:09 pm 
848cc
848cc

Yeah i have seen them, thanks for replying though.