PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:17 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Downloading... and waiting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:01 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Well; mine finished downloading within 5 minutes. That is a bloody good review and i would love to get behind the wheel of one of them :twisted:
I love how the rear end flops out when they take those corners.

Beautiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:50 pm 
998cc
998cc

gawwwwwd, I love downloading at 60 k/sec hehehehehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:03 pm 
848cc
848cc

That's AWESOME I want a BBR mini, notice how they didn't tell you the cost of the BBR mini. Their Stage 4 kit (the one mentioned) costs 14950 pounds on top of the 15100 pounds the car costs. that's nearly double the others. But GOD it looks worth it (well maybe not but I'd like it all the same.)
:D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:02 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

$90,000 for a bini blow that out ya bum
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:19 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Wooo I love ir 213kb/sec...

$90,000 for a Bini!!! no thanks! I'd rather have ... 5 Original Cooper S's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:17 pm 
848cc
848cc

and they'd all go 1/5th as fast too haha

look at the costs some people have poured into fully restoring old mini's

theres no value there either

so its just horses for courses..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:10 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

sooper in all honesty what do you think a bmw bini will be worth in 35 to 40 years do you in all honesty think it will live up to the giant killer status of the original i'm not baiting just your thoughts yes there are cars out there now being produced that will be classics but the bini do you think in 40 years it will have the cult status the original has ?
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:42 pm 
848cc
848cc

i dont care if it isnt worth a dollar in 40 years to be honest, have you owned your mini for 40 years? do u think u'll still own a mini in 40 years? its a stupid and irrelevant proposition. Arguing wether or not a car will be a classic or not in 40 years is a waste of time.. no1 has crystal balls.. and as it stands cars these days are disposable items of a disposable world.. there are very very few cars made in the last 10 years that will ever be regarded as "classic" but u can find a cult following for many cars of similar vintage to the mini. Its just times chance, people in general arent as emotionally attached to thier cars anymore, they're a necessity, a tool, and thats about it. and really i sure hope we're not driving cars in 40 years time to be honest..

But if people like yourself continue to make negative comments about my car with no basis or reasoning, u just wanna be a hater, fine, but each and every time, i'll defend them and remind you classic mini ownership isnt all too fantastic when u take the rose coloured glasses off

In general I tire of the "bini" and the constant put downs from owners of classic minis when most of these people are own poor examples of the classic mini not worth more than a coupla grand. classic or not, i own one, they're not a great car, they're just an icon of a time gone past.. i love them they have thier charm and a palce in motoring history.. but they're just not a practical car for a modern age. They're slow, tempramental, not a creature comfort to speak of, because of thier age parts are either hard to find or expensive, however i know they're a fun car, andagain i love them to bits.. but comparing 5 cooper S's to a 250hp MINI? come on are u serious?.. i'm DAMN sure i know which car i'd prefer to drive every day.

I have alot of respect for well restored cars, i've done it myself, well to the best a 18/19 year olds income would allow, and because of it, i cant bring myself to sell the car. Its a complete waste of money, i dont kid myself, but its a hobby and what the hey.. its your own money to waste.. so if someone wants to waste 90 grand on a new mini.. big deal, if u cant appreciate the car for what it is, why is it your perogative to just say something negative for no good reason at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:55 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

i think you are taking this to heart sooper you seem quiet upset as i said in all honesty do you think in 40 years the BMW MINI will have the following that the original still enjoys .....................
and as for creature comforts i have them in my 18 yo 4wd which i can pull a car trailer behind to rescue my poor mini if it has a dummy spit out there in the big bad world
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:52 pm 
848cc
848cc

No, not upset at all. been around enough internet forums to know how it works. Obviously you suggest it hoping for some emotional victory in your internet forum battles to let the world know what you think of "bini's"

I answered your question first time, so not gonna bother again. the point being in the last post its an irrelevant and obtuse question when the topic at hand is a highly modified BBR MINI, I humoured you by answering it, and you didnt even read it obviously since u asked it a second time

i was also just commenting on your and others obvious lack of respect and closemindedness.. you're initial comment was to bring nothing to the table, just to rag out new mini's because u dont like them and target something trivial, ie the cost. if you even bothered to look at what the BBR upgrade entails its a comprehensive upgrade of just about every mechanical component of the car.. it is something to be admired regardless of what kind of car it was done to.. it might not be to your discerning tastes but as i already said.. making a negative comment over the price? its just illustrates you'd pick on any point you could find to put a "bini" down

End of the day tho i guess its the old addage, an opinions like an asshole, every1's got one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:04 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

makkas said that before: "opinions are like assholes..."
you guys have common ground

look, when i say stuff about Bini's, its just like me paying out my own people (dodgie viets and chinks)
i dont have any hate towards them, i treat every vietnamese and chinese the same when i meet them. im sure everyone understands this

sooper, you can be assured we mini people pay out our own cars. theres the dodgy vinyl, the rust, the crappy 6-month-planned mechanicals,
theres alot of lighthearted criticism of our own minis its just funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:16 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

i have driven both the bini cooper and the s auto's and and manuals i think for whatthey are they are a great car but my personal opinion is they are not a mini only in name not in looks or feel in all honstey do you feel in your own heart that they are anything like a morris leyland rover mini no they are not so sooper get over it ..... there must be some inefficiency's of the car cos you seam to defend it's honer like nothing else geezus ......... just chill out get over it ffs
makka