Ausmini
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:44 am 
848cc
848cc

Thankyou for that, love the car, i just want it now, and yeah i would have so much fun driving it back from vic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:37 pm 
848cc
848cc

Yeah Harley, it's a rip off trade in prices, and you know they are going to make heaps of cash on your car. If you have the time to advertise it privately that is the way to go. You'll get what you want that way. Most people just cant be bothered and take a trade in price.

That's a good idea about selling it to Perth, be a great drive home and you'd either be in love with the car after that drive or hate it and want to sell it. I didn't drive my car back from Sydney for that reason. But it was an older car and didn't think it would go OK.

I will ask BMW how much for a trade in and get back to you. Just for a laugh see what they'll give.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:39 pm 
848cc
848cc

Just FYI.

I got $21k trade in for our 2003 MINI Cooper (Nov02 build) recently. It had 26,000 kms on the clock - no sunroof or leather. I figure we might have got $25k privately.

Yes, we traded for a Cooper S :wink:

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:08 pm 
848cc
848cc

This might sound silly to some but with the price of a brand new Cooper i would certainly rather have a second had Cooper S, it might cost you a couple of grand more and 4-500 a year in insurance but oh so much more fun. I drove a standard cooper 4 times as i was looking at getting one, then i drive the S and bought it straight after i stepped out!

Advise to anyone looking at a Cooper DO NOT DRIVE THE COOPER S you will not wanna go back

If there is anyone from interstate interested in the car i am more than happy for other club members to inspect I live 15Min from the Melb CBD

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:21 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

being an Aug car it would be pre facelift so It would be down a tad but still, I estimate private sale $39,000 approx, trade in vary from place to place I traded my old Cooper for $26,000 (32000 new) that had cracked windsheild, needed new tyres, not much rego left, and 40,000km on the clock

Hope this helps

But my advice DON"T DO IT a guy in our club was made to sell his Mini (wife and baby number 2 on the way) he was gutted for weeks :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:04 pm 
848cc
848cc

Thanks Brett i'm not really looking forward to selling but i know i am doing the right thing financially

In saying that just because it's going for now doesn't mean it can't come back later on (rubs hands together and smiles) Might buy the Girl a pepper white one down the track, thats a good excuse to buy another one!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:24 am 
848cc
848cc

I work at a dealership and the used car market has dropped considerably...

We traded a Black 04 Cooper S with 16,000 kms on the clock, sunroof, part leather, chrome grill/mirrors, etc in immaculate condition for $32 K and that was helping the customer out..

I got our valuers onto my 03 S with 53 K on the clock and they told me a trade price would be about $27,000.

You can get more if the dealer is willing to help you out and they may over-value it for you so they can get the deal.

:P