Ausmini
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: buyers questions
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:58 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

a teacher at my school is wanting to by a MINI cooper s, can someone give me an approx price and tell me if it is worth buying it new or going second hand. can you also tell me about those 2 other kinds the checkmate and the other one. i seen them in an add depicted as classy and sporty.

long story short, what is the best MINI to buy, for general driving.
(note roads here are dangerous and very dangerous)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:27 am 
848cc
848cc

you wnat me to keep this short?

umm, well if he's into driving for fun, the standard MCS is the usual choice. I shouldn't really use the word standard because there's so many individuality option that they're all unique.

If he wants something cheaper, that will still look the part but not go so well, stay in the cooper, and if he's a rev-head the JCW is there as well.

approx new car proces: 32K, 39K, and 47K ish. obviously depends on how you spec them. I know people who have spent skywards of 60. :shock:

I personally wouldn't buy used, because you don't seem to save enough compared to the new price. Pluds the new car is better built. has a lot less rattles and niggles. And they've just upped the warranty to 3 years. (about bloody time)

the checkmate and parklane are up-spec things with fancier seats and more gadgets, and stickers. Yes, they are aimed at the 'classier' market - sort of like a perfect pigeon pair for your rangerover, or your x5.

So i guess it all depends on ow much he wants to spend, and what he's hoping to get out of it. there's a MINI for almost everyone, so tell him to get in there and drive one, and he'll work out what spec he needs.

hardest choice is the colour.

Post subject: Re: buyers questions
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:10 pm 
848cc
848cc

andbat wrote:
can you also tell me about those 2 other kinds the checkmate and the other one.

Hey,

I've bought myself a 2006 Mini Cooper Checkmate and it has definately been an awesome purchase. We bought it brand new as we found that the Mini's hold their value and as such is better value to buy a new one. Mine is not an S but I got it for $38,500 drive-away as I know the dealer's son (Bib Stillwell's grandson).

If you are in Victoria, then South Yarra is a good place to check them out at. The guys treated me very well compared to South Melbourne where they were complete assholes to me.

I find the Checkmate to be awesome. It's handling is so smooth, it makes driving even more pleasureable. The 17" rims always shock my friends and there is plenty of room in the back for the passengers.

Don't take my word for it, tell her to go have a look. It's harmless to look into it but I have never regretted getting this car. She's a dream.