Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:44 pm 
848cc
848cc

who likes one day cricket?

25 years ago they said it wouldn't last. they said it wasn't real cricket. fancy taking the game we all love and playing with a white ball under lights in pygamas. It lacks all the subtleties and the 'spirit of Cricket'

sound familiar?

but people flocked to it. they still do. the world cup is a only one-dayers. Now they've conme up with 20/20. 25 thousand people to watch Aus A in adelaide. who would have ever though it?!

I personally think one day cricket lacks a lot. I much, much prefer test cricket. that's my preference. others hate test cricket. they find it boring, and only like one-dayers. that's their choice. But its all cricket. just different forms of cricket.

we are all differenct and we all like differnet things. Some of us prefer the old mini, and some prefer the new mini. But lets all learn some tolerence of other peoples preferences. If someone else like the new one and you don't, fine. That's what makes us all different. But to insult someone by saying that their car is not real just because you don't like it is un-Australian. And that's just not cricket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:46 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

and people have a right to say they do or dont like something
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:54 pm 
teh admin God
teh admin God

I like one day cricket.
I like test cricket.
Umm test cricket is these day ( When aussies are playing, they are of one day mindedness, in that they score fastly) Almost like one dayers :? .
Hmmm

Yep what you said :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:50 am 
848cc
848cc

min13k wrote:
and people have a right to say they do or dont like something
makka

yes they do, agreed. just like some people like or dislike one-day cricket. I definately don't want to tell people they can't express them.

What I am saying (too all, not necessarily to you Makka) is please don't assume that your opininions are fact. and please try not to offend those people who don't share them.

cool?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:07 am 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

G who r u ??
but anyway there will always be people who will not like the new mini and i am one of them
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:13 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

funny that someone thinks they have the right to call another un-Australian for having an opinion they dont agree with in a forum to discuss the new mini. i think that is very un-Australian to try and take away the right to free speech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:32 am 
848cc
848cc

Quote:

funny that someone thinks they have the right to call another un-Australian for having an opinion they dont agree with in a forum to discuss the new mini.

let me quote myself again.........

Quote:

to insult someone by saying that their car is not real just because you don't like it is un-Australian.

Let me clarify. I'm not talking about expressing your opinions. Some of you guys don't like the car. You don't have to. Lots of people don't. They don't have to either. And they are quite welcome to say so.

Now you have already stated that you don't like the car. Can't you leave it at that? To come into a forum on New Minis and continually over and over write derogatory comments (BINI, Not real, Hijascked, Sold out) etc can get insulting. Insulting people is not nice.

I don't pesonally like the new beetle. To me they would have done a better job if they put the engine in the back. But I'm not about to get to a New beetle forum and call them Geetles (because they are based on a golf) I imagine the people who do like them may find that a bit rude. Apart from that I would feel wierd. I don't like the car, i'm never going to buy one, why comment on it at all.

As for being un-australian. I have only ever been called that once. And that was by a KIWI. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:06 pm 
848cc
848cc

Mr G wrote:
As for being un-australian. I have only ever been called that once. And that was by a KIWI. :lol:

That is COLD!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:53 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

yeah but matt you probly deserved it ;)
makka

Post subject: World Series Cricket
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:19 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Hate to rake over old coals.....but I grew up admiring Cricket legends like Dennis Lilley (I have is autograph ...), Fiery Fred Trueman, Joel Garner, Garfield Sobers etc etc.

The hurt and disruption that occured around the time of World Series Cricket was just like the Super League kerfuffle.

Great to see Cricket and (well almost) league have recovered....Australians are sports mad and they love their sport. We should be proud that our country allows these institutions and a heap of others to flourish.

Exit: stage left!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:20 pm 
848cc
848cc

Have to say that after meeting some of you fine folk today that your barks are much scarier than your bites.

We took the term BINI today and turned it from an insult into a term of affection. Nyah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:27 pm 
848cc
848cc

hey poki. :lol: fancy seeing you here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:07 pm 
teh admin God
teh admin God

Was BINI really offensive? Really?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:49 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hey MrG :)

Namibian CAMEL - Some people have taken offense to the term BINI, it personally never bothered me but I had decided that there was no point trying to mix with older cars because of the rabid MINI hate that has been expressed here - we felt unwanted and mostly decided to leave well enough alone. I discovered today that the "hate" is mostly good natured but that is not the way it comes across on these forums.

Now of course, there is no getting rid of us. We are like a younger sibling that hangs around like a bad smell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:54 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

poki - I LOVE your signature picture.
Did you use photoshop?