Ausmini
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:26 pm 
998cc
998cc

I don't mind the look myself, even was considering one until I researched more and realised how poorly made they really are. Just look at how many are up for sale because the warranty is about to run out, I bet those owners are adding up in their head the cost of all the repairs they've had if they had to pay for it :lol: It wouldn't be so bad if it was a $15000 car, but come on 60K for a CooperS, for that I want something that only goes to the mechanics for servicing. Heck my Sonata that I had for 3 years never had a problem, not so much as a rattle and it was only 25K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:34 pm 
848cc
848cc

big willy wrote:
Great summary of the Mini and Bini.
I like them both... the Bini comes with airconditioning. :lol:

So does my rover cooper mini :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:00 am 
1275cc
1275cc

....and so does my factory :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:45 am 
848cc
848cc

supercharged 850 wrote:
Bugger. I thought that maybe they were going to make it better.....

Not only do i think the bmw mini is an IMPOSTER, but powering it with a PEUGEOT motor?? Lets see... that will make it an imposter that is unreliable AND even more expensive to fix!!! YEAH, I'll buy 3 of em thanks.....

Everyone i've known, who have owned a peugeot, say they ARE crap, regardless.

Sorry to all NEW MINI fans out there if this offends you.....but i'd rather push my old mini than buy a new one.... (and i do).

Well now you do know one. I owned a peugeot (205GTI) and I loved everything about it. to me it was a 1989 coopers. everyhting the mini had in spirit was captured in that car, but with a french accent. I had people tell me that because of Muaroa I shouldn't own a french car, but they were wearing Chinese running shoes. If you don't like French products because of nuclear testing, do some homework and stop buying chinese products.

I also remember 504's and 505's as bullet proof cars. the 203 had a reliability record second to none. Now it seems reliability is your real issue , but in the same breath you say that you'd rather push your old mini. So what is your issue with Peugeot? it appears that they are just too reliable for you.

I love the old mini as much as anyone (perhaps i'm not as obsessed with it as some, and a little more open minded than others) but i would never dare make comparisons to anything based on reliability.

Post subject: Re: Unreliable
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:56 am 
848cc
848cc

Big Dan wrote:
You say that you think the new mini is an imposter, then mention something about being unreliable and expensive to fix... Just quietly, I thought that was what minis were all about, but I may be wrong... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, IMO (and I don't expect you to share it) Peugeot have some quite good cars in their line up, with some very well engineered engines pushing out fairly decent power figures... And yes, I have driven one - a fully kitted out rally car in fact - although I haven't owned one myself... I can understand that their cars are not everyones cup of tea, but you only have to watch that old Peugeot TV ad of their car in the 1988 Pikes Peak race to really appreciate how much engineering, R+D, and 'testing' goes into their engines...

Then again, everyone you've known who has owned a peugeot, has said they ARE crap, regardless, so I guess I have been shut down before I even started...

:D :D :D

Big Dan

agree. In this post we have had people saying they're not as reliable as daewoos, and not as spirited as the old mini. Ask yourselves can you really have both?

Big Dan, you live in tassie. you have to have one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:53 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

mr g who r u ??
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:51 am 
848cc
848cc

Quote:
mr g who r u ??

who want's to know? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:44 am 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

i do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:58 pm 
848cc
848cc

Quote:
i do

wrong answer. if you said miles does, I would have told you. see - ying and yang.

Brad tells me that there was a huge light bulb lit up over your head when he told you who i was. :idea: Hehehe. I wondered how long it would take. :)

cheers

p.s. bought your new MINI yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:36 pm 
998cc
998cc

this is what you have been waiting for.......

[url]Image[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:46 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Hutto, what mag was that from?
I knew about the Peugeot engine, but hadn't seen the body. I don't like the bonnet buldge - looks like the MINI has been hit with a fuggly stick!
We have a brief news piece in Issue 2 of TME (being sent to subscribers next week) with pics of the new engine. The new engine will also be TURBO-CHARGED for the Cooper S, not supercharged as before. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Logic tells me it is a step backwards, but I'll reserve my final opinion until I drive one.
Cheers, Watto. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:30 am 
848cc
848cc

Does anybody know if the price of the car will dop?? due to another company making the engine?? or will they totally crank up price

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:37 pm 
ET 13.457 seconds , OH YEAH !!!!

Not a fan of the bulge...looks like it's trying to make up for something :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:28 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

About the Bini's, I only have one question: did they have to make them so big??? they are bigger and heavier than a toyota echo by 100kg! The whole "Mini" name means nothing on this car other than it looks vaguely like a mini.

It should be called a Maxi.

Other than that I would consider buying one... if it wasn't so expensive for a 2 door hatch! I can buy 2 honda jazz's for the price!

If you can't fit a mini where mini's are supposed to fit then it aint a "Mini"

As for the comments about children being attracted to minis, I HIGHLY doubt that happens to bini drivers as often as it happens when I am driving Lillee.

Don't get me wrong I am not a Bini hater, what I do hate is Bini owners who think that the bini compares to it's older smaller brother in the fun and cool stakes. It's just another modern car full stop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:16 pm 
998cc
998cc

Not sure what mag I got it from I just found it in a school mag so I ripped it out. Might have been wheels, but I think BMW should have kept the classic look but just added new engine systems like ROVER did will fuel injection! It’s a shame to be onset they didnt do that. wel hopefully they will one day start producing classics once again :D