Ausmini
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:48 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Would love to see the 21st century version of a GTHO phase 3(or a 4 would be better!!...lol)

Skins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:24 pm 
998cc
998cc

They have them now. They made GT's in EB, EL, and BA forms.

Only problem is that it was just a Fairmont with lotsa XR8 crap, and extra body kit. No point to it.

oh and the New FORD GT is to be a more modern GT40, since there is some guy on the planet, that trademarked "GT40" before Ford did hehehehehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:11 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

PhildoD wrote:
They have them now. They made GT's in EB, EL, and BA forms.

Only problem is that it was just a Fairmont with lotsa XR8 crap, and extra body kit. No point to it.

oh and the New FORD GT is to be a more modern GT40, since there is some guy on the planet, that trademarked "GT40" before Ford did hehehehehe.
not entirely true, fors sold the rights to gt40 once the car had ceased production.( watch the sparks fly here )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:53 pm 
998cc
998cc

okay, I wont argue with that. I just knew that ford couldnt use the name coz someone else had the trademark on GT40 now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:58 pm 
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

i think holden have done a good job of the new monaro/torana in comparison to the new beetle and mini... it's more of an contemporary remodeling than a complete reworking..

i even remember gasping when the new shape celicas came out... (too many corners)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:24 pm 
848cc
848cc

MC_Cush wrote:
i think holden have done a good job of the new monaro/torana in comparison to the new beetle and mini... it's more of an contemporary remodeling than a complete reworking..

i even remember gasping when the new shape celicas came out... (too many corners)

baaaahaha
yeah thats cause holden technology and design philosphy hasnt changed since the 60's

make it as low tech as possible, cheap as possible and sell it for as much as possible and thanks to government handouts and repressive tax and import customs make it impossible for any other company to compete at a price point for percieved value

u have to be either joking about the torana or u havent seen it.. its as gawdy as a Queen St car with a 1970's alarm clock in the instrument panel.. and it has a liftback so they slap on a toranna badge and sell it to people with some perception that the name torana is actually worth somthing (as with Monaro)

the monaro wasnt the result of any indepth design process or any real deep thought or sticking to any philosophy they just figured a commodore would look pretty good with 2 doors and thousands of fatheaded yobbos agreed (and i standbythat statement.. in my clinical study i have found 9/10 monaro drivers have heads that are not proportionate to the rest of thier body)

i guess if the new Beetle and Mini hadda been released to compete with the daewoo matiz and the daihatsu sirion you woulda been happier.. but meh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:50 pm 
the King of Bling

WHY DID I READ THIS THREAD ....ahhhh 10, 9,8,7. :? :wink: 8)

Last edited by gafmo on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:35 pm 
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

meh.... too tired ;)