religious status
religious status

I give 'em a distant wave- if they ignore me they get finger... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:34 pm 
998cc
998cc

Love yer style, Doc 8)

Usually I'll hang out the window to wave to a mini or moke. Sadly, cept for Scotty up here, I seem to get ignored all too often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:55 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Every real Mini I see gets a wave, and I usually get a just as enthusiastic wave back, except today, the L plater was waving 10 times harder than me! :lol: (hoping they saw the www.ausmini.com on the side of my Mini). Don't usually bother with new MINI's, but I look at em hoping for a wave, so I can wave back. They never wave back when I wave at em, ohwell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:14 pm 
848cc
848cc

I dont mean to wave to you phil :P its just my dad drives a white mini so I just gotta wave in case. Nah jokes :lol: I wave to all classic minis up here, even if they dont wave back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:17 pm 
848cc
848cc

It would appear that unless youve owned a classic mini you are un-accustomed to the "wave factor". New mini owners that have owned a classic mini try to continue the trend but are vastly out-numbered by virgin new mini owners that dont have the foggiest about the "wave factor".
To add insult I was laghed at by a middle-aged couple in a new mini whilst sitting at the lights, but as soon as red went green, all got serious as the shame of classic over plastic became apperrant. with the sound of tyres screeming and puffs of blue smoke drowning out the phttt from under the bonnet of the sleek 'S' all to be seen was the 1 finger salute plastered on the boot of the classic brick(moded to the hilt).
Must say Ive never been laghed at by them since......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:08 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

i met an old asian lady and told her that her daughter's new automatic mini was nice. she was also quite nice about chatting about it, its stiffness, power, parking-ability, my old automatic mini, 35years old... i wouldnt mind testing out a new auto mini.
the bitch wouldnt offer to hand over the keys, i guess i wouldnt hand over my keys to some dodgy asian guy in Cabramatta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:54 pm 
religious status
religious status

What P's me off is, you pull up next to them at the lights and they won't even look at you! Maybe BMW should have fitted BMW badges to 'em.. :wink:

BTW this red one today had all the S badges etc but no letter box on the bonnet- what gives? Dunno if it was a wannabee S, or an S hiding its manhood... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:20 pm 
848cc
848cc

A view from the other side.
This morning in the Morley area I saw lots of classic Minis, never more than 2 together but looked as if there was some club event on.
Well I waved at every one of them and got totally ignored for my trouble.
I also waved at 2 new MINIs and was ignored by them as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:35 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

yer well a few days ago i saw a MINI and i thought stuff it i'll speed up and see if he acknowledges me, i drive up and notive the "The Italian Job" edition stickers on it.. i mean seriously :roll: anyway i drive up and he looks over and i give him the big thumbs up and he just looks at me my car and then looks away.. i'm like "u arrogant wang!" anyway i ended up just driving away.

should have swerved and got a little close for his liking :twisted: