Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Waveing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:51 pm 
848cc
848cc

I waved to couple of young blokes in a new Mini today (Just to be social like) not muct trafic on the road just me in my black mini & them in a black bini comeing the other way. Wada ya recon the did. Nothin! must be from the city. I have had waves from other classic driver 2 intersections away. Maybe the young blokes didn't see me? (it was a pretty quiet road) :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:03 pm 
848cc
848cc

In Townsville all the New BMW mini people ignore us people who drive the original, so must common snobbery all round...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:13 am 
848cc
848cc

Because i own a classic mini too its just habbit that i wave to all mini's no matter what im driving, even if its my work ute haha
But yeah new mini owners dont wave like they used to.. when they first came out (cooper S's cant speak for coopers) i think most had orders for quite some time like myself and were all mini enthusiasts so they always used to wave, flash hi-beams etc.. but i've noticed as the months and years draw on less and less wave as more and more wankers buy them.. its disapointing.. but meh i also get ignored by alot of classic mini drivers when im in my new one.. so works both ways i guess.. even had one scream out "its a BMW!!!" at me like i wasnt aware of it and somehow offended him with a friendly wave.. pity i didnt have time to pull up stop and explain that i dont have anything against classic minis and actually own one too so would appreciate a little civility despite what he thinks of my car, i was just trying to be friendly... but ahh well u can please some of the people some of the time, cant please all of the people all of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:08 pm 
998cc
998cc

I can validate Smeg's tirade about New mini drivers up here. I pulled up next to a cooper at the lights, and gave the woman a quick wave.

Her reply.............Her windows went up , and I heard the door locking.

Never knew I was that bloody scary LMFAO

On the other hand though, there is a lady that lives in the street behind me with a Cooper S, and she is more than happy to have a quick chat about the cars. wouldnt gimme the keys for a quick spin, but hey, I dont reckon I'd hand my keys over to anyone either heheheheehehe.

Maybe it's just the fact, that they have their flash lil stereo turned up with the aircon on, and couldnt stand to wind their windows down for a quick wave.

Oh, and I have a reason I cant flash the lights on my car. I cant reach the bloody switch with my seatbelt on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:21 am 
1275cc
1275cc

there is no difference in adelaide either....

even when i'm cruisin in my mazda and give the thumbs up to a classic mini, i get a thumbs up and a big smile back... and i KNOW theyre havin fun......

new mini = no response..... ( they're usually on their mobile at the same time...)

but there's ONE exception, Craig Williams (races in Targa Tasmania in a New Mini, has a big mini collection - old and new), he's the only friendly one around.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:19 am 
848cc
848cc

As a new mini/bini driver, who also used to drive a clubman, and who also has an appreciation of classic mini's, I try and wave to both classic and new mini drivers.

I mostly get a positive response from both groups, any lack of response I simply put down to the driver not seeing me. I'm sure that on occasions I've been concentrating on what's going on ahead of me and I've not seen the mini coming in the opposite direction, would that driver accuse me of snobbery? Maybe they would, if stereotyping me as a BINI driver with no appreciation for classic mini's/too much money/too self-involved was easy for them to do.

You're always going to come across friendly and not so friendly drivers, regardless of the car that they drive, it's just a fact of life. Stereotyping someone because of the car that they drive, well, that doesn't sit easy with me......

Cheers

Post subject: Waveing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:05 pm 
848cc
848cc

I just may have been a little haisty in my earlier comments. After leaving a very well attended luch time mini meet I was on my way to work Bout the same time as the last incident of "non waveing" when I was being aproched from the oposit direction by a nice yellow clubman so I flashed my lights ,nothing, I stuck my arm out the window & waved like a nutter, nothing. Obviously the other driver was consentrating on holding his car on the road & woried about weather he was going to be too late to meet everybody at the lake & just didn't see me. I doubt another classic mini driver would see & ignore a waveing nutter in a black mini? Would He? :wink:

Marconi, continuing to wave at anybody who might even look like they like minis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:25 am 
848cc
848cc

Well I officially today got my first wave for a BMW Red Cooper S today (it was a small wave just in case i didnt wave back), so I hanged out my window and gave a big Salute!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:29 am 
848cc
848cc

EXELLENT!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:40 am 
848cc
848cc

speaking of saluting... :D when my girlfriend picked up her mini (72 clubbie) we were driving along the highway and I decided to creep up behind her and pretent to "push" her car along... so she stuck her arm out the window and gave me the 1 finger salute.... :P

honestly its the funniest thing I have seen in a very long time. no expression, no anger, just an arm out the window and a friendly "up yours"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:44 am 
848cc
848cc

I got nearly side swiped 2 mins later after my salute by an ignorant Nissan Patrol driver, he decided to change lanes but didnt look down before he did it (no indication) so I caught up with him gave my two finger salute the ignorant bastardo!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:49 am 
848cc
848cc

Hi I'm new here so treat me nicely
I drive a new MINI all black MCS and I wave at all Minis/MINIs and generally get a better response from the classic Mini drivers than from the new MINI drivers. There are a few classic owners who react badly but that's their problem. I love all Minis/ MINIs and have owned both. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:14 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

as fer not being able to see a mini, a couple of freinds were following me in there 850 was pushing it hard :D i was in the 1380 prolly doing 110 on a back rd. then seen a mini big stop, they crap cos i stoped so fast did a ewey, so they followed me back i seen a mini sitting round 100 meters off the rd sitting in a old chook pen ,and they could not beleive i seen it was in amongst trees and long grass :D
so people who say they cant see another mini on the road :P
makka

that better ??

Last edited by min13k on Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:35 am 
1275cc
1275cc

min13k wrote:
as fer not being able to see a mini a couple of freinds were following me in there 850 was pushing it hard :D i was in the 1380 prolly doing 110 on a back rd then seen a mini big stop they crap cos i stoped so fast did a ewey so they followed me back i seen a mini sitting round 100 meters off the rd sitting in a old chook pen and they could not beleive i seen it was in amongst trees and long grass :D
so people who say they cant see another mini on the road :P
makka

......say WHAT??

min13K, does your "." button work?? i dont think you've ever used it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:50 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

it's the same with me, i get ignored by people in NEW mini's, most of the time it's little asian ladies driving them that wouldn't wave to me if i was santa.

BUT an exception i was coming down the hill to go to my house, and saw a red cooper s new mini coming up the hill.. it was my goal to get that guy to wave.. so i flashed my lights honked my horn and waved my heart out.

... and guess what. HE WAVED!!!! :D