Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:09 am 
1360cc
1360cc

goodie wrote:
9YaTaH wrote:
Just for insurance, I would check her insurance policy fine print on tyre changes or changes from the original build spec...ya never know!
[no comments about how fitting different brand tyres is common plse...eg "I fitted Michelin XAS to my Datto 1600"...this is about runflats]

We appear to be having trouble getting 195/55 -16 style tyres , not a common size apparently , I've been ringing around a couple of places to see if anyone has any in stock , no luck .

I've just had a Tyre Dealer mention the Insurance issue again ,basically saying that if the car come with Runflats , that's what we had to put back on it , bearing in mind i'm not changing the tyre size , load or speed rating ,( according to the tyre placard on the car ) , just the tyre design.

I then rang Bob Janes again and was told the same as last time , that you can put normal type tyres on the MINI / Runflat rim , but you can't put Runflat Tyres on standard type rims , apparently the lip inside the R/F rim is a bit taller , this is becoming a PIA !

Good point Dave ,I'm going to check with her insurance to clarify what's real & what's not .

A really awesome Dad would shout her a nice set of alloy rims and low profile tyres...Cheers, Mick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:35 am 
1275cc
1275cc

Sorry Mick , i called you Dave :oops: .

This really awesome dad has put his hand in his pocket Tooooo many times already :lol: .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:19 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

goodie wrote:
Sorry Mick , i called you Dave :oops: .

This really awesome dad has put his hand in his pocket Tooooo many times already :lol: .

S..OK, I have been called worse...and I have also worn out the bottom of my pockets on kids :wink: