Ausmini
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:22 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

When I did my engine conversion the fuel trims were adding fuel, it turned out to be a tiny little exhaust leak in the 4-2-1 extractors, the O2 sensor was seeing a leaner mixture and adding more fuel than required as a result of air that had come in via the hole. As you've just had the exhaust done the same might be happening to you...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:37 pm 
848cc
848cc

fuzzy-hair-man wrote:
When I did my engine conversion the fuel trims were adding fuel, it turned out to be a tiny little exhaust leak in the 4-2-1 extractors, the O2 sensor was seeing a leaner mixture and adding more fuel than required as a result of air that had come in via the hole. As you've just had the exhaust done the same might be happening to you...

Ah yep that would do it. I'm not running an O2 sensor or any wideband sensor for that matter so far. I might add one later if I have trouble getting a good tune across the range!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:20 am 
848cc
848cc

I haven't had too much time in the shed lately but I've had a few questions as to how this build is progressing so I thought I'd put an update together.

The K1100 fuel rail and the stock FPR arrived and once this was fitted, the car ran and idled beautifully with the base map and fuel settings which is a good feeling after initially suspecting that the erratic fuel pressure was causing the issues. I haven't had much time to play with it beyond this 30 second run, but in a few weeks time I should be back in the shed and getting it sorted out.

I'm not going to use the stock K1100 inline FPR (cant quite see it in the below photo) - instead I have an adjustable aeroflow one. It'll likely need the fuel lines to be rerouted under the car to keep it neat in the engine bay and I'll also have to sort out a custom bracket to mount it somewhere close to the rail.

I've also fitted some K&N pod filters (KNRU 2310 for those who want the same) and I'm pretty happy with how they fit and look - although the temp sensor on the thermostat housing rubs on the filter - I'll likely need to change some coolant hoses to fix this up.

In other news I have finally received my new gauges after 3 months in the post from NVU in the US. Pretty stoked with how these look. My plan is to recreate a 2 Pod instrument housing to mimic the original one, albeit slightly bigger to maintain the restomod theme and accommodate for the slightly larger gauges than the stock ones. Unsure what material to make it out of - either acrylic or MDF.... any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I think I will paint it with spray on bedliner to get the texture of the original instrument housing too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:34 pm 
Milatsmadmini

Gosh they are stunning gauges...
acrylic or steel with crinkle paint would be my suggestion :P

“A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.” - Jeremy Clarkson

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8