Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:46 pm 
religious status
religious status

Yeah I agree the days of grafting BDAs etc onto Mini boxes have gone. Good thing too..

Hey how about using a Mitsubishi FWD box? Some were pretty narrow.. A 12A rotary on it would be NICE... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:20 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

i got a 12a sitting in my driveway belongs to my nephew hmmmmmmm doc :twisted: :shock: 8) :roll: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:24 am 
1275cc
1275cc

there IS actually a front-wheel-drive gearbox in production, made to suit the 12A rotary..... all you need to do is go to Russia to find one :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:16 am 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

um .............................................................................................................................................................................. no to bloody cold and i detest vodka it's more like coolant or better still anti freeze bloody cold inhospitable place
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:54 am 
848cc
848cc

mitsu cordia box apparently works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:35 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

There used to be a circuit racing Mini is Adeliade that was running a dry sumped 12A rotary on a Mini gearbox. It must have killed gearboxes regularly too.

If you want to see a MENTAL conversion, check out this site:

http://www.v8mini.co.uk

I bet that beast could NEVER be registered for road use here! :P

1966 Austin Mini
1965 Morris Mini Traveller
1973 LR Series 3 88
2007 LR Freelander 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:56 pm 
998cc
998cc

ahh...in SC850's wise words "anything can be registered in SA!" :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:56 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Yeh, but not necessarily legally! :lol:

1966 Austin Mini
1965 Morris Mini Traveller
1973 LR Series 3 88
2007 LR Freelander 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:04 am 
1275cc
1275cc

bnicho wrote:
Yeh, but not necessarily legally! :lol:

Legally?? whats that??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:55 am 
religious status
religious status

Hey if we all worried about our cars being 100% legal we'd never get any sleep! Just drive and enjoy. If they ping you, deal with it then. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:00 pm 
848cc
848cc

Agreed kev, my next project is going to look relatively close to a stock old mini, tempted to keep/paint the old colour, some of the old ones like jay blue are very unasuming, if the shells an 850 all badging will remain, ditto if its a k or deluxe........ The only visual moss i will allow are inocentti or std arches (need to fit 6 inch revos under something, even with honda discs with no scacer :wink: ), possibly a second tank and possibly a centre exit exhaust, front seats might be changed to some low cobras, but im not putting highbacks in... Definately no excessive stereo gear, definately no extra loud paintschemes, definately not a 7 inch monstertacho, definately no huge flares, wheels kept to minimum ofset, no lowering (hydro is great at std height ;-)), no Jap crap motors, no huge race seats, no harnesses (unless thier removable), no wanky stickers (perhaps a small cams one, heh), no neon lights...

The way i see it the more "standard" your mini looks, the less standard it can be under the skin... where it matters muuhahaaa... Then lack of polution gear, fancy brakes, aftermarket seats... forced induction and all the other things were not supposed to do is more likely to go un noticed or looked over. This also goes for the Rego man aswell as the coppers

My current car is a battered old deluxe which has a 2 1/2 inch centre exit exhaust, modified white a9X bonnet scoop (dont ask), mags that stick 2 1/2 inches past the bodyline, white 2 1/2 inch flares, and a white roof.. oh, and bullethole stickers all down the side (again, dont ask)... and a old race seat for the driver..... Needless to say it already attracts a lot of attention.... My previous ride was a shitty old clubman van with as much primer as paint...

Also a 1330 with a 45 webber and genie turbo exhaust dont do any favours when one flys past a copper.... Thats the thing about webbers, very easy to hear how hard down your foot is, which in my case is normally quite hard :twisted:

.... To date ive lost 22points, and should have lost three more but got out of it (definately dont ask!), and have lost my license once.... Im sure if my cars had been a bit less battered race/rally car-esque id probly only have lost 2/3rds of that.... Worth a thought, especially for young people, coppers are hunting for you! Im 24 and im sure im still not out of the woods yet....

Prevention is the key here people.... that and not letting coppers see/hear you with your webber on full song, a big grin on your face, and your rear wheel lifting as your fly through a corner....

G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:16 pm 
848cc
848cc

WhoDat wrote:
check out the goss at http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/

if it has been done, or is being attempted - these guys would know about it.
Cheers Dat

Interesting site.............These guys have got more members than we do :cry:
370 members :evil:

Minimad