Ausmini
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Pulsar Dizzy Advance
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:16 pm 
848cc
848cc

Alrighty then... My dizzy, which is the auto dizzy with 83 as the start of the part number has 16*, the manual dizzy with 85 as the start of the part number has 12*, making the manual dizzy the better choice... damn, i had to grab the auto one..... incidentally i ran up my lucas, 8*......Maximum advance at the crank, set for maximum HP with that dizzy (my motor was dynoed by Mr Russel) my timing light revealed to be 21 degrees, 15 or so short of what im informed my motor would like....

First i timed mine in where my lucas was, 27 maximum advance, (made at 5,000rpm), but it was a dog down low.... too retarded, the manual dizzy would have been closer here, i timed again for 38 maximum, aimed for 36 but the damn clamp must have slipped upon tightening, heh... That was too advanced, a bitch to kick over when cold, but generally much better than the previous timing, i just re-timed it today at 34, feels good, ill know more after my sunday run and ill update.....

G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:51 am 
religious status
religious status

Fired mine up this morning with the `D4R85' dizzy- no kickback, obviously it has a bit less idle advance now than the 45D had (it was 15* or more...!) :lol:

<edit> After the run to kazjims via Wisemans Ferry last weekend, I can say it's lots smoother than the Lucas 45D/Pertronix combo. Maybe it actually fires all 4 plugs at the right time now... :P 'bye, Lucas...

I'm running approx 12* static advance, full advance is now 36* at around 4000 rpm. Sounds a lot but it likes it (it's running 1310 flat top pistons- `Mahle' forged ones, at 10.4:1 C/R, with a Graham Russell RE13 cam & 1.5 rockers)... 8)