Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:04 pm 
religious status
religious status

I tried the `lets add some metho' thing with my boat tank once. No it didn't work, and I put a fair bit in.. :cry:

Post subject: Metho displaces water
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:16 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

drmini in aust wrote:
I tried the `lets add some metho' thing with my boat tank once. No it didn't work, and I put a fair bit in.. :cry:

Doc did you have more water than fuel in the tank or what?

Metho will definately displace the normal amount of condensation you get in the average tank - maybe a few doses with each fill may be required or in your case maybe a full flush out of the tank and lines were required :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:16 pm 
religious status
religious status

Boat had a 45L cruisetank. It had about 1 cupful of water in it. I put 400ml of metho in, to see what happened. Then I poured it all out into a plastic bottle.

It just stratified- dirty water on bottom, then metho, then fuel on top. OK- so fuel was 2 stroke mix- but I doubt that would matter.

Anyhow no more problem- I sold that boat. The one I got now has 2 portable tanks- I just run each until empty.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:17 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

:lol: doc - you'd need about 2 gallons of metho to take care of that much water :? The oil in the two stroke won't mix with metho - only oil to mix with metho(alcohol) is castor oil

As an aside : Castor Oil also does not attack rubber so if you have a dry squeeky rubber bush you can mix about 25% Castor Oil in metho and squirt/spray it between the bush and the metal and it will shut it up and not damage the rubber.

My greatest fear in life is that when I die my wife will sell my Mini and tools for the price I told her I paid for them!