Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Query about Brake lines
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:09 pm 
998cc
998cc

I'm currently running boosted drums on my clubby. Now I'm interested in fitting discs blah blah blah, same old story everyone has. I've got everything pretty well figgered out, as to what I need like swivel joints, drive flanges etc.

I'd like to know what most people do with the brake lines though.
The drums on my car run on a single hydraulic circuit, and I'd prefer to have dual circuits. How hard is it to change the brake lines over in toto?

I reckon I could go with a dual circuit servo with an adjustable bias, and fit new brake lines to the entire system

My current setup (webcam quality is crap, sorry)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:44 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

with the correct rear slaves with the front disks you dont need the bias control i run the cooper s tin high tank twin band never had anyhassles
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:30 pm 
religious status
religious status

With discs on the front, the rears don't do a lot. If you fit Cooper S (5/8") rear cylinders, and keep the stock pressure limiting valve, it will work OK with a stock late Clubbie dual circuit master cyl (0.70" bore).

You might get away with standard (3/4") rear cylinders like Bobtel does, but if you can lock them up at all, fit the S ones. :wink: