Ausmini
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:27 pm 
848cc
848cc

I agree, they are also louder than the exhaust. My neighbor told me years ago when he had a rally preped vovlo (with twin side draught webers), the cops pulled him over for the exhaust being too loud when infact it was the induction noise and the exhaust was legal... he didnt tell the policeman though that the noise wasnt the exhaust :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:02 pm 
848cc
848cc

drmini in aust wrote:
Er... I beg to differ- outside the car, my Dellorto makes more noise than the RC40 exhaust does.. :P

You still using a muffler :oops:

Minimad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:16 am 
848cc
848cc

I run a 42 dhallorto....properly jetted and tuned, it runs sweeeeet. noisy but sweet. I've had HS2's , HS4's , Hiff's and have had nothing but trouble.

It might be because i live on the top of a range and seeing as SU's are an atmospherical setup tune is lost in elevation change.

My animal sound gnarly coming up the street at full throttle as i dont have a rad fan it sounds like a S/C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:53 pm 
religious status
religious status

At 3000 rpm under load, my Dellorto 45DHLA sounds like a pair of Harleys.. :P

Last edited by drmini in aust on Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: weeber???
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:22 pm 
998cc
998cc

ive got a 1293....mild cam etc...plus weber 45dcoe....have no problems with it.never have...as long as its set up write....one thing to look at i had my car dynoed and they found the car to be tuned quite well but my dyno mob said the car was running lean when at full revs and running ritch at normal load....problem is im running the beggist jet for the top end bit and the lowest jet for the idel....and they said theres not much you can do about it as theres no other way to set it up....wounder if anyone else has heared of this problem????they did say i could get it modiefied but im talking big $$$$$ to modify it so they say anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:23 pm 
religious status
religious status

It could be sucking extra fuel in thru the start (`choke') circuit if parts are worn. Very common on older Webers. Many racers block this circuit off- a coupla pumps on the throttle when cold and it's running anyhow.. :lol:

<edit> note this only applies to Webers DCOEs- a Dellorto DHLA has a better fuel shutoff system when the `choke' is opened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:43 pm 
848cc
848cc

I had a webber on my car (no longer mine), the bloke on the dyno get an old piar of air correction jets (bigger they are the leaner the top end) and soldered them up and got a 'jet drill' and made the smallest hole he could. This solved the problem I had.

We also tried a 42mm webber of a Ferrari (I think), this solved the problem and then some - there was a little flat spot at 3000rpm - but at 7000rpm I had lost 7hp. So I ended up useing the 45 and the drilled air correction jet.