1360cc
1360cc

I have the top, the bottom looks stronger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:42 pm 
religious status
religious status

Lillee wrote:
I have the top, the bottom looks stronger

I thought the Minispares ones I bought looked a bit weak so swapped with Lillee for his 1.5deg fixed ones. :mrgreen:
My subby is straight so all good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:18 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Road car probably OK but motor kana maybe not...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:34 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

With the rear brackets I had similar concerns, I went searching for the shims as one of my trailing arms had been bent, called a mini place and they didn't have them but they suggested I ask GR so I did and he said he puts a small bit of weld on them the camber/toe brackets on the race car after he's got the setting so if it works for him I figure it's OK for mine...
Greg also clued me in about grinding the weld at the back of the plates as Harley mentioned.

At the moment I haven't welded it if it moves I'll weld it up. If I remember correctly Vizard's white book just elongated the holes to get the camber he wanted and relied on the nut and the weight of the car to keep it there (no locking arrangement at all)...

I wish I'd gone adjustable bottom arms (1.5 negative fitted) because after a wheel alignment I found the camber was a bit off side to side but within tolerances but it would allow me to get it spot on, and it peaked my interest in suspension setup etc so I might come back and tune and fiddle with the settings. That said the car seems fine at the moment.

As for which bottom arms I can't see a reason for or against either. Maybe a slight advantage to the minispares ones for strength as the minisport one's use the thread to hold the arm together whereas the minispares ones I'd guess the thread is only for adjustment, but that's just my vague guess so probably not worth the keystrokes...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:51 pm 
998cc
998cc

I fitted the Minispares front kit. Works a treat and was easy for the wheel alignment guys to set up exactly to what I wanted.
I threw the rear adjustable brackets into the corner of the garage and filed the hole up and shimmed the original bracket back. Got the wheel alignment done and the by calculating the length of the arms to pivots adjusted it a little more. Rechecked for free by the wheel alignment guys and all is perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:06 am 
848cc
848cc

Skell1275 wrote:
simon k wrote:
Skell1275 wrote:
I bought the minisport rear adjustable brackets, the cars a long way from being on the road so can't comment on performance but just from fitting them up I wasn't impressed. Firstly a spacer needs to be made between the bracket and the arm while this isn't a major hassle for me I wouldn't have thought it would have to be done. Secondly because of this gap and the adjusting plate the nut only goes on half way with the way the adjustment is made it seems the plate would be able to slide backwards and forwards if the nut came loose affecting the geometry. I've ended up putting the standard brackets back on for now until I work out what I'm going to do.

these ones??

https://www.minisport.com/mslms0510-ful ... -pair.html

I've had them on my car for years and years, never had any of the issues you describe, I reckon you have something else going on

They're the ones, the bushes and arms are all new but there seems to be about a 4 mm gap between the arm and the bracket, the main concern is the nut not going on a full thread.

Here's how the nut ended up when I trial fitted mine, there's only about 1/2 of the thread engaged.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:59 pm 
Yay For Hay!

Skell1275 wrote:
Here's how the nut ended up when I trial fitted mine, there's only about 1/2 of the thread engaged.

that's really odd - I'd take a heap of photos and email them to whoever you bought them from.

I have fixed 1.5° arms on my car, I'd like a bit more

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:00 pm 
848cc
848cc

BOTTOM ARMS. just had engineer look at my twini, Has minispares adjustable on front and the turn buckle type on rear, He did not like the minispares type at all and wants them changed, That,s my 2 bobs worth