998cc

heheheh

Post subject: Re: Quality Carpet Set
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 pm 
998cc
998cc

Hobson wrote:
i got a mini wrote:
looks like you back mats are in the wrong way are they meant to curve around the bin at the back if that makes sense.???

DERP :oops:

Yep, arse about.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 am 
1275cc
1275cc

It's like a cryptic puzzle trying to work out which way they are meant to sit ,i've looked at it 3 times now :roll: . Swap em over and rotate them i/4 of a turn so that the longer piece wraps around the front of the bin ( i think that's right :shock: :lol: ).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:37 am 
1275cc
1275cc

The retail cost of the Tretford Westminster carpet alone is over $400 incl p&p & GST

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:52 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Bill B wrote:
The retail cost of the Tretford Westminster carpet alone is over $400 incl p&p & GST

Just wondering where you get it from.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:11 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

The Westminster style carpet made by "Tretford" I bought from Gibbon Group P/L in QLD.

www.gibbongroup.com.au

It comes in a range of colours that suit minis.
When I contacted them (2 years ago) they sent sample pieces in the colour range I wanted to choose my preference.
They were happy to talk to phone enquiries.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm 
848cc
848cc

Carpet turned up late last week. The quality is excellent, well cut, nice binding on visible edges. All Car Carpets were very good to deal with. I hope it fits as well as it looks but probably wont be able to get to it this side of Xmas. I will update the post again once it is in the car. Not sure why they didn't cut the hole for the gear stick. Does the position vary between years/models?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:27 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

cruiser23 wrote:
Carpet turned up late last week. The quality is excellent, well cut, nice binding on visible edges. All Car Carpets were very good to deal with. I hope it fits as well as it looks but probably wont be able to get to it this side of Xmas. I will update the post again once it is in the car. Not sure why they didn't cut the hole for the gear stick. Does the position vary between years/models?

Bit odd they forgot the Steering Column, Gearlever and High beam dipper holes. They should be in the same spot for all the Cooper S range. There are some good photos and some measurements in this thread of an original carpet set.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83482&p=922960
Attachment:
dsc00434.jpg

Attachment:
dsc00436.jpg

Attachment:
dsc00437.jpg

Attachment:
dsc00438.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:09 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

It's pretty normal for the sets to come uncut. The Cooper S would all have had the holes in the same spots, however if you wanted to fit the same set to another car there is a bit of variation.
Magic wand/remote/rod change
Floor starter button
Dip switch on floor or column

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:11 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

timmy201 wrote:
It's pretty normal for the sets to come uncut. The Cooper S would all have had the holes in the same spots, however if you wanted to fit the same set to another car there is a bit of variation.
Floor starter button
I can understand his dissapointment. If i was purchasing this https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Morris-Mini-C ... mwBanner=1 then i would expect it to be ready to go for a Mk1S. If you have a different model then that is when you contact them to ask for a blank set.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:35 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

I guess at least you can ensure the gear hole and hibeam hole are in the right spot. With the cost of that carpet just make sure you
“measure twice cut once”

When comparing measurements to old carpet bear in mind that the old carpets sometimes shrink Mine has shrunk enough that there is a 2-3cm gap around the edge.

Would almost be worth removing the gear lever to make it easier to position with just the boot. The gear lever hole is normally a circular hole that is a neat fit around the round part of the rubber boot.

Looks really nicely made. I was thinking of getting some mats done in the red Westminster to protect my original carpet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:27 pm 
848cc
848cc

I don't have the original carpets to lead me astray. I'll definitely be measuring twice before cutting. I'm not too concerned with having to add the holes, hopefully I'll get them close to the right place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:58 am 
1360cc
1360cc

cruiser23 wrote:
I don't have the original carpets to lead me astray. I'll definitely be measuring twice before cutting. I'm not too concerned with having to add the holes, hopefully I'll get them close to the right place.

If you PM me your email address I can send you exact measurements of where the gearshift and floor dip-switch holes need to be cut.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:34 am 
1275cc
1275cc

gtogreen1969 wrote:
timmy201 wrote:
Floor starter button
I can understand his dissapointment. If i was purchasing this https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Morris-Mini-C ... mwBanner=1 then i would expect it to be ready to go for a Mk1S. If you have a different model then that is when you contact them to ask for a blank set.

I’m not saying it’s ideal, it’s just that most places are the same. I’m not sure how large the market is for Australian Mk1 Cooper S carpets but at least it’s nice to have a couple of places that do them

The minisport set has the cutout for the steering column but not the dipswitch or gearshift from these photos
http://minisport.com.au/mini-cooper-s-c ... edarussett

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:02 am 
998cc
998cc

timmy201 wrote:
gtogreen1969 wrote:
timmy201 wrote:
Floor starter button

I’m not saying it’s ideal, it’s just that most places are the same. I’m not sure how large the market is for Australian Mk1 Cooper S carpets but at least it’s nice to have a couple of places that do them

The minisport set has the cutout for the steering column but not the dipswitch or gearshift from these photos
http://minisport.com.au/mini-cooper-s-c ... edarussett

and no wear pads for the seat frame on the rear floor section!