Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 212  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:53 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Andy, is it right hand drive?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:44 am 
1360cc
1360cc

69mk2 wrote:
Hello!
I'm Andy from the USA. I am about to purchase what I believe is a fine example of an Australian Mini and look forward to joining the group! As it is a project and being restored I am in dire need of your learned advice. I'm excited to meet you all and excited to start on this journey :)

Welcome Andy, add your State or location in your profile so that we can tailor advice to you.

What type of Mini have you got hold of? There are a few registers on this forum that may assist in the ID of the car...otherwise, throw up some pictures (of the car!) Cheers, Mick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:18 am 
848cc
848cc

Hi I'm Mike from South Africa. I have a rather unique Mini in that it is a mark 2 with Australian wind-up windows. It has the 1000cc British engine but it doesn't have wood on it. This particular vehicle was produced between 1966 and 1969 in South Africa. After that, it was replaced by the British Clubman estate.
I had a GTS which was similar to the GT but with twin SU's and 12" wheels. The engine being close in design to the Cooper.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:32 am 
1360cc
1360cc

warriorking48 wrote:
Hi I'm Mike from South Africa. I have a rather unique Mini in that it is a mark 2 with Australian wind-up windows. It has the 1000cc British engine but it doesn't have wood on it. This particular vehicle was produced between 1966 and 1969 in South Africa. After that, it was replaced by the British Clubman estate.
I had a GTS which was similar to the GT but with twin SU's and 12" wheels. The engine being close in design to the Cooper.

Welcome Warriorking...I gather you have what Aussies/Pommies would call a Morris Traveller or Austin Countryman...steel sided (no wood) and round nose rather than square fronted clubman?

Was the car an import or assembled locally? What name were they marketed as in Sud Afrika?

Cheers, Mick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:14 am 
848cc
848cc

Hi guys,
I have been on this forum previously as "Beefa". It has been a long time since I've been on here so I thought I'd reintroduce myself. My name is Lynda

ATM I have a 1978 998LS Clubman that I am selling due to change in circumstances.
We also have a 1966 Mini Deluxe - which is hubby's pride and joy (his name was Tinkz on the old forum). Hubby had a car accident in May 2013 (t-boned by an idiot old guy in a camper van) and now has a severe brain injury (wheelchair bound). I am in the process of restoring his Deluxe for him for his 40th in 3 years. We hope to get more involved with the Mini community as well :D

Oh and I also have a 2013 Mini Cooper D :twisted:

Lynda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:27 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Welcome back Lynda , i remember your old username from way back , sorry to hear about your hubbys accident , never a good thing , is there anything in particular that you might be chasing for the deluxe,
if so sing out , i'm sure others would be willing to help out .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 am 
848cc
848cc

Welcome back Lynda I hope your project goes great and puts a massive smile on Hubby’s face

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:29 am 
848cc
848cc

Thanks guys.

The Deluxe is going in for a paintjob after Christmas - I don't think I am going to get the engine bay done though.

I am hoping once the paintjob is done I will take him up to Tim at the Old School Garage in Wagga so he can go over it and tell me what I need to fix and what parts I need - I'm hoping its not going to hurt the hip pocket too much as he's been sitting idle for 4 years since the accident :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:24 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

mighty66deluxe wrote:
Thanks guys.

The Deluxe is going in for a paintjob after Christmas - I don't think I am going to get the engine bay done though.

I am hoping once the paintjob is done I will take him up to Tim at the Old School Garage in Wagga so he can go over it and tell me what I need to fix and what parts I need - I'm hoping its not going to hurt the hip pocket too much as he's been sitting idle for 4 years since the accident :cry:

After standing idle for that period of time, brakes is the first thing I would look at... :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:02 am 
848cc
848cc

9YaTaH wrote:
mighty66deluxe wrote:
Thanks guys.

After standing idle for that period of time, brakes is the first thing I would look at... :idea:

Brakes sounds like it will hurt the hip pocket LOL. I was expecting a few things would need looking at given the time he has been idle :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:13 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

mighty66deluxe wrote:
Brakes sounds like it will hurt the hip pocket LOL. I was expecting a few things would need looking at given the time he has been idle :(

Not ness-a-celery....a quick check that no wheel cylinders are weeping (preferable by removing the drums) etc

Ask hubby when the shoes were last changed, and if needs be get Tim to throw a set of new shoes at it...check that you have a decent pedal, BEFORE carefully road testing the car.

Just about any competent local mech could do a brake/other safety check for you...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:10 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hey all, well 25yrs ago I fell in love with minis as a 13yr old. My dad (mechanic) said he wouldn’t ever let me own one. I whinged enough that he let me buy a clubman. His rule was that if he had to work on one than it needed the extra room under the bonnet. Over 4 years it was sandblasted,bare shell rebuild painted in 2k with a very warm 1100. Also the mini collection grew to about 8 clubmans with generally only 1 or 2 on the road at any given time. I got it on the road as an 18yr old and gave it a hard time (young and dumb) for 2 years before it spat the diff. Fast forward 20 yrs and we are pulling the motor out again next week. Exciting times! Dad now retired and myself hopefully more sensible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:28 pm 
848cc
848cc

Mattywill wrote:
Hey all, well 25yrs ago I fell in love with minis as a 13yr old. My dad (mechanic) said he wouldn’t ever let me own one. I whinged enough that he let me buy a clubman. His rule was that if he had to work on one than it needed the extra room under the bonnet. Over 4 years it was sandblasted,bare shell rebuild painted in 2k with a very warm 1100. Also the mini collection grew to about 8 clubmans with generally only 1 or 2 on the road at any given time. I got it on the road as an 18yr old and gave it a hard time (young and dumb) for 2 years before it spat the diff. Fast forward 20 yrs and we are pulling the motor out again next week. Exciting times! Dad now retired and myself hopefully more sensible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:30 pm 
848cc
848cc

Mattywill wrote:
Mattywill wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:32 pm 
848cc
848cc

Mattywill wrote:
Mattywill wrote:
Mattywill wrote:

Not the original rims obviously

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 212  Next