Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 212  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:18 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Welcome to the nut house , great story , hope dad's looking for something to do in his retirement :idea: .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:21 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi I'm Josh from Murwillumbah NSW.

I'm nearing completion on a '64 850 with a 1098. I've also got a really rusty 72 moke that will be next, I think.

Glad to be on the forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:52 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Floyd1098 wrote:
Hi I'm Josh from Murwillumbah NSW.

I'm nearing completion on a '64 850 with a 1098. I've also got a really rusty 72 moke that will be next, I think.

Glad to be on the forum.

Welcome Josh...show us some pictures of your fleet sometime :D Cheers, Mick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:56 pm 
848cc
848cc

Thought it was about time that I introduced myself to the forum.
I am currently rebuilding a 69 mk2 Cooper S that I has not been on the road since 1992. I bought the car from my brother in 1989, it had been restored by someone in the Tweed area on the southern Gold Coast. Currently has 1544miles on speedo which I suspect is since restoring. The car is a very early mk 2 with body number in low 300's and is in very good condition with no rust, however needs new brake lines and at least 1 steel hydro line.
On and off over the past few years I considered selling, but just couldn't do it, as I knew that I would probably never get as good a car again. In September last year I went to the Qld Mini Owners Mini Muster at Carina and got interested again. Onc e I joined the Ausmini forum, I found myself hooked. I would like to that you all for keeping my passion alive. I find the search section very helpful and to date I have found answers to my questions in this section of the forum.
I have since taken out the engine and front subframe and painted both. Once I get the rear subframe removed and painted, I will get new brake & hydro lines and start rebuilding.
Hopefully I can figure out how to post pictures and show my car to the forum.
Many thanks again for keeping the passion alive.
Regards Fritzie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:40 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Fritzie wrote:
Thought it was about time that I introduced myself to the forum.
I am currently rebuilding a 69 mk2 Cooper S that I has not been on the road since 1992. I bought the car from my brother in 1989, it had been restored by someone in the Tweed area on the southern Gold Coast. Currently has 1544miles on speedo which I suspect is since restoring. The car is a very early mk 2 with body number in low 300's and is in very good condition with no rust, however needs new brake lines and at least 1 steel hydro line.
On and off over the past few years I considered selling, but just couldn't do it, as I knew that I would probably never get as good a car again. In September last year I went to the Qld Mini Owners Mini Muster at Carina and got interested again. Onc e I joined the Ausmini forum, I found myself hooked. I would like to that you all for keeping my passion alive. I find the search section very helpful and to date I have found answers to my questions in this section of the forum.
I have since taken out the engine and front subframe and painted both. Once I get the rear subframe removed and painted, I will get new brake & hydro lines and start rebuilding.
Hopefully I can figure out how to post pictures and show my car to the forum.
Many thanks again for keeping the passion alive.
Regards Fritzie
You can upload images from your computer by creating a thread or replying to another post. You can’t do it in the quick reply area.

The “Browse” button takes you to a search box to look for a photo on your computer.

The “Add the file” button will upload the image. A box will appear and it will take a few moments.

Then you can click your cursor in the area you want to paste the photo and then click the “Place inline” button. The picture will appear at the bottom if you do nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:46 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi all,
Chris Lawrance in Sydney.
Looking to import a Rover Mini from Japan later this year.

Any advice appreciated.

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:50 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Dogribmoon wrote:
Hi all,
Chris Lawrance in Sydney.
Looking to import a Rover Mini from Japan later this year.

Any advice appreciated.

Chris

Welcome Chris...and keep in mind there are a few already in country that may be available...Cheers, Mick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:49 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi Folks,
New member here, Perth WA. I've just purchased a '62. Unfortunately had to sell my '67 to make room. Got a few tweaks and a bit of competition in mind, subject to available time (also a land rover tragic).

There is a fantastic amount of information available here and I've been able to answer a couple of questions already.

Thanks for having me.

Cheers, Dan

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:47 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi All,

Kylie 34 from Lower Blue Mountains (Emu Heights) NSW here. New to Mini's, and the forum, but loving the 72 Clubman GT I bought recently. The Jaffa has matching numbers and the engine has been recently rebuilt so most of the work will be cosmetic. Have I ever restored a car before? NOPE! Do I plan on having a crack anyway? YEP!

I have a million questions but thought I'd start with an introduction first.
And if you can recommend someone in Western Sydney to do the body work and respray (who wont rip me off), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,
Kylie.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:12 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Welcome Kylie , very tidy looking car you have there , ask plenty of questions there will always be plenty of knowledgeable people ready to help out , also kick off a gallery of your car and post plenty of pics , always good to see fresh projects .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:31 am 
1360cc
1360cc

What Goodie said!

Welcome Kylie...nice GT...get yourself along to some events and pick peoples brains...

For example: http://www.rylstoneclassic.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:19 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi all,

Have had a 71 Clubman GT replica for over 10 years, but the time has come to cut out the old shoddy bodge repairs and bang out the dents (it has had a hard life ;)) and prepare it for another (more sedate) 20 on the road.

Still A1 mechanically (1275 A+, turbo metro head, 45 Weber), but the the tin worm (due to crappy oversills) through the floors cannot be overlooked any longer.

Will be looking to pick your brains as the old beast gets restored (properly this time)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:15 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Welcome mdh , start a gallery , throw up plenty of pics and ask plenty of questions , enjoy .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:30 pm 
848cc
848cc

Gday all,

I’m Matt from Brisbane.

Loved minis since before I had a licence. First car was a clubman van. Windowless.

Parted ways with it in my mid 20’s (foolish).

In my 30’s now and am hoping to acquire a clubman GT or a nice LS.

Keen on meeting and chatting to fellow mini enthusiasts and learning all I can about the history of these amazing vehicles.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:17 am 
848cc
848cc

Hi all,
Just received my first Mini as a later in life gift, it's a 1976 Australian Built Leyland Clubman Gt 1275 motor but reworked to 1300, the previous owner stupidly did away with the door mirrors which will be replaced as soon as we can find the correct ones :x
I was advised to come and join your site by the NSW Mini Club. :D
I was really lucky that the old owner had a stack of Mini Books that are giving me heaps of info.
But happy to be able to join a knowledgeable site to learn as much as I can.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203 ... 212  Next