Ausmini
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:23 pm 
998cc
998cc

Hi Folks, I found these on the Somerford mini website and wonder if they are the same as used on the clubmans and if they are ADR approved?
They are the lower centre mount.

http://www.somerfordmini.co.uk/eshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1234

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:42 pm 
998cc
998cc

mattywood wrote:
Hi Folks, I found these on the Somerford mini website and wonder if they are the same as used on the clubmans and if they are ADR approved?
They are the lower centre mount.

http://www.somerfordmini.co.uk/eshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1234

ADRs don't approve anything. ADRs define the standards (the design rules) to be met, and manufacturers have to meet those standards. In other words, products have to comply with ADRs.
I doubt that Somerford would give a tinker's cus about ADRs.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:39 pm 
998cc
998cc

I will try again.. The Clubmans have a similar bracket. This is a Rover Mini part so if the part number is the same I can potentially use it here. If it is the same part # and was used here it met the ADR requirements for the clubman.

I found part number is CZH2618 and is a British Motor Heritage part: http://www.bmh-ltd.com/miniparts.htm#

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:46 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

According to the Oz parts books the bracket used at the base of the Mini rear seat brace is part HYA7983. This change was introduced into production on 4/2/71 and continued on to the Clubman body shell. If you want to make one the specification is below.

A reinforced rear parcel shelf to cater for the upper seat belt mounts was also introduced around the same time.

I'm not aware that Rover part you mention was used here. In any case I don't think simply installing it in your car yourself would make you "ADR compliant". It looks to be a beefy part so no doubt would do the job of terminating the belts as well as the factory part.

Is there a particular regulation you are wanting to be compliant with?

Attachment:
HYA7983 Seat Belt Reinforcement Seat Brace wm.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:59 pm 
998cc
998cc

I want to help the seat belt fitted I use to fit 3 point belts and a baby seat harness point. Then will get engineered. That pick and part number are great. Will see if John Schmidt has it.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:41 am 
1098cc
1098cc

I've been through this process with my mini when I got the engine conversion engineered, basically we just replicated the clubby mounts, the upper Moines we reinforced from the front to the back because the parcel shelf had been previously cut out and replaced so this got us to the seat back and the rear window. I'd talk to your chosen engineer before you do anything though, present them with the options you've researched bit too sign it off they are the ones that need to be happy.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:36 am 
848cc
848cc

There really isn't enough strength in the early parcel shelf for the upper mounts even with the 'legal' 75x50mm plate, though I know of some cars on here that have been signed off by engineers like this... The plate isn't going to help much if what it's attached to can't take the load. My plan was to make a reinforcing plate that tied in to the edge of the boot opening and the seat back.

Sapphire Blue Deluxe spread across three parts cars, two sheds and a driveway...

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:10 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Matt I wrote:
There really isn't enough strength in the early parcel shelf for the upper mounts even with the 'legal' 75x50mm plate, though I know of some cars on here that have been signed off by engineers like this... The plate isn't going to help much if what it's attached to can't take the load. My plan was to make a reinforcing plate that tied in to the edge of the boot opening and the seat back.

That's what we did, I probably wasn't very clear though :oops:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:10 pm 
998cc
998cc

Easy enough to replicate the ADR compliant upper mounts as used in later Clubbies...

Cheers, Ian