Ausmini
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:17 am 
Yay For Hay!

KLAS wrote:
Lindsay_Palmer wrote:
Klas, thank you very much for your reply. We didn’t get the Corsa a here, but we did get the Corsa b and the Daewoo version of the kadett.

We’re these parts fitted to a Corsa b?

Any other pictures or details you could provide would be great.

I might get a chance to go to the breakers here and see what I can find.

Did you need to do any reprogramming or alteration to the ecu at all?

Did you need special computer software?

over here they did fit one type of engine to the Corsa B, too. it's called C14NZ and is the only one still using a dizzy at that time. all others are dizzy-less with a coilpack and a 60-2 trigger wheel.

no, i didn't change anything. after fitting i just started it up, let it smoke untill the lambda sensor was warmed up, i fitted a heated one, and the ECU reduced the fuel. after warming up i put it into diagnostic mode with a paperclip to adjust the timing correctly, oldschool timing light and turning the dizzy, and that was all. worth to mention, the idle control worked perfect right from the beginning. higher idle at cold start, dropping during warm up as you would expect, just as factory. despite a 1.4l ECU controlling a 1.0l engine.
our european ECUs are not reprogrammable, maybe yours are. if yes, you have some clever folks on your side of the world regarding GM ECUs https://pcmhacking.net/forums/
but i found it not neccessary to begin with.

the paperclip is also used to read the fault codes via a blinking MIL. but i never had a fault so i didn't try my universal diagnosis software, cheap ebay one that can handle pre-OBD2 systems

that is a very cool EFI conversion - considering we ought to be able to buy a whole donor car for $50

keep us informed Lindsay!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:21 am 
848cc
848cc

simon k wrote:
KLAS wrote:
Lindsay_Palmer wrote:
Klas, thank you very much for your reply. We didn’t get the Corsa a here, but we did get the Corsa b and the Daewoo version of the kadett.

We’re these parts fitted to a Corsa b?

Any other pictures or details you could provide would be great.

I might get a chance to go to the breakers here and see what I can find.

Did you need to do any reprogramming or alteration to the ecu at all?

Did you need special computer software?

over here they did fit one type of engine to the Corsa B, too. it's called C14NZ and is the only one still using a dizzy at that time. all others are dizzy-less with a coilpack and a 60-2 trigger wheel.

no, i didn't change anything. after fitting i just started it up, let it smoke untill the lambda sensor was warmed up, i fitted a heated one, and the ECU reduced the fuel. after warming up i put it into diagnostic mode with a paperclip to adjust the timing correctly, oldschool timing light and turning the dizzy, and that was all. worth to mention, the idle control worked perfect right from the beginning. higher idle at cold start, dropping during warm up as you would expect, just as factory. despite a 1.4l ECU controlling a 1.0l engine.
our european ECUs are not reprogrammable, maybe yours are. if yes, you have some clever folks on your side of the world regarding GM ECUs https://pcmhacking.net/forums/
but i found it not neccessary to begin with.

the paperclip is also used to read the fault codes via a blinking MIL. but i never had a fault so i didn't try my universal diagnosis software, cheap ebay one that can handle pre-OBD2 systems

that is a very cool EFI conversion - considering we ought to be able to buy a whole donor car for $50

keep us informed Lindsay!

Will do Simon.

I think the difficult bit might be finding the donor car.

86 626 Turbo (daily drive, now stolen)
71 cooper s replica
69 cooper replica
76 clubman
62 english 850
68 Mini Auto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:46 pm 
Yay For Hay!

Lindsay_Palmer wrote:
Will do Simon.

I think the difficult bit might be finding the donor car.

I know where there is one... but it's at Hay, the motorkhana ground's owner's kids use it for a paddock basher. It'll be a matter of keeping your ear to the ground and rescuing one from the crusher. You can go and talk to the wreckers, they pick up cars all the time, if you tell them what you want and they remember, they'll save it for you. My mate bought 3 Hyundai Excels for $50 each a little while ago - kinda like a bag of buying mixed lollies...

I'm sure you know this, but 1.4l 94 to 97 Barina City, Joy, Swing or Grand Prix according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Barina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:36 am 
998cc
998cc

Those barina's are very easy to find down here. I think my boss might even have one!

1966 Morris Mini Van
1969 Morris Mini Deluxe Resto
5/72 Clubman Gt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:39 pm 
848cc
848cc

Got the bits off a car, minus the injector and I think an air temperature sensor.

I’m trying to track down an injector now and a wiring diagram so I know what the 9 wires that go into the engine wiring harness do.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a sb barina c12nz?

71 cooper s replica
69 cooper replica
76 clubman
62 english 850
68 Mini Auto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:44 pm 
848cc
848cc

Most of the barinas I’ve been able to find so far have been multi point injection.

Klas, do the mpi Corsas learn in the same way? If yes, I’ll be grabbing one for my Alfa.

I’ll keep a look out for these spi barinas, it was very easy to get all the bits out of the donor.

71 cooper s replica
69 cooper replica
76 clubman
62 english 850
68 Mini Auto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:34 am 
998cc
998cc

i'm sure they do. i have one from an Opel Tigra 1.4 16V, the ECU even has a replaceble EPROM, but it needs a 60-2 trigger wheel and a cam sensor. older ones may differ.

i'll have a look if i have a diagram, i think the looms are basically all the same around the world.
IIRC there is no air temp sensor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:13 pm 
848cc
848cc

KLAS wrote:
i'm sure they do. i have one from an Opel Tigra 1.4 16V, the ECU even has a replaceble EPROM, but it needs a 60-2 trigger wheel and a cam sensor. older ones may differ.

i'll have a look if i have a diagram, i think the looms are basically all the same around the world.
IIRC there is no air temp sensor

Klas, thank you for all your help.

Is the replaceable EPROM the part that allows the ecu to learn the tune?

I did notice the mpi cars had a crank trigger wheel and the coil pack was mounted where the distributor would normally be.

Do you the part number for the mpi ecu?

If the mpi ecu can be used to convert my Alfa, I might just buy the workshop book so I’ve got all the information handy.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

71 cooper s replica
69 cooper replica
76 clubman
62 english 850
68 Mini Auto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:26 pm 
848cc
848cc

What about 1.6 throttle body from n13 pulsar has distributor map sensor and removable memcal from the ecu.?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:47 pm 
848cc
848cc

Barney Rubble wrote:
What about 1.6 throttle body from n13 pulsar has distributor map sensor and removable memcal from the ecu.?

I’ve looked at that conversion a bit a few times, partly as the intake manifold is almost a bolt on, so you get the fuel rail as well.

I’m trying to learn as much as I can before deciding to go and grab all the bits from the wreckers.

I’ve been reading the pcmhacking forum, but it’s too new for me to grasp what they are writing about.

Have you got experience with the Delco 808 or similar set up?

I joined the pcmhacking forum last night so will start gathering information there soon too.

After fiddling with su and dellorto carbs it’s a lot to learn going to injection.

71 cooper s replica
69 cooper replica
76 clubman
62 english 850
68 Mini Auto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:03 am 
998cc
998cc

the EPROM is the part where the ignition and fueling maps are stored. so a replacable one is easier if you want to tune your engine and know what you are doing. or if you have an engine that is very differend and the ignition/fuel would be way out.
don't know the ECU number but it looks similar to the SPI one but one connector is beige. engine code is X14XE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:12 pm 
848cc
848cc

KLAS wrote:
the EPROM is the part where the ignition and fueling maps are stored. so a replacable one is easier if you want to tune your engine and know what you are doing. or if you have an engine that is very differend and the ignition/fuel would be way out.
don't know the ECU number but it looks similar to the SPI one but one connector is beige. engine code is X14XE

Thanks Klas, I don’t think we got the x14xe here. I’m looking into other Delco systems now for the Alfa, I’ve registered on the pcmhacking forum and I’m starting to learn what is involved.

71 cooper s replica
69 cooper replica
76 clubman
62 english 850
68 Mini Auto