Ausmini
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: VTEC mini loom options
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:28 pm 
Die Die Die!!

Other than making my own or purchasing a vin wire made minitec loom, what other options are around ?

Nick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:53 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

You probably don't have a lot of options other that making your own or purchasing one.
The only other options that spring to mind is to get someone to make one for you, or just use the whole honda loom for your car.
It's not a hard thing to make though. Certainly kills time each night when you have nothing better to do.

What parts have you got, or not got?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:58 pm 
Die Die Die!!

I think I have most parts..

But I was interested to see if there were some options I didn’t know about in regards to premade looms (plug and play)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:24 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Closest would be the Rywire ones - I did buy one to do my project but I sold it afterwards as I didn't think it was worth it - so I made my own.
There's not a lot of plug and play to suit minis - but theres a few places that do civic looms for racecars so that might be worth looking at.

Is your engine / ecu an aussie delivered one of overseas? That might make a difference as some markets have different sensors on the engine and you'll have to mod the loom to suit depending what / where you buy from.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:42 pm 
Die Die Die!!

Harley wrote:
Closest would be the Rywire ones - I did buy one to do my project but I sold it afterwards as I didn't think it was worth it - so I made my own.
There's not a lot of plug and play to suit minis - but theres a few places that do civic looms for racecars so that might be worth looking at.

Is your engine / ecu an aussie delivered one of overseas? That might make a difference as some markets have different sensors on the engine and you'll have to mod the loom to suit depending what / where you buy from.
I’m not too sure to be honest, but I have half the loom from the original car I can most likely make one from the loom I have.. if need be

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:48 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Can you get me some photos of what you have? Wiring, ecus, relays - everything you have?
I might be able to help you out - but I need to know what we're working with.
Need ECU code / type too.