Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:15 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

Kennomini wrote:
Hey Matt, how'd you come across these engines? the Micra's don't seem like pocket rockets so how'd you decide to start playing with them?

They actually are.. but the k11 micra never really were as popular here . They had (and still do i think) a 1 make racing series in japan called the "March cup" .
Look it up. :D very cool.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:52 am 
998cc
998cc

I think the lack of popularity was the pricing when new. A S badged micra was almost $23000 and came just as Hyundai entered the market with $15k cars.

The cc13dcoe engine stands for clean green dual cam engine and was detuned for emissions so with a bit of tuning should be a cracker of a engine. I think they won a few car of the year awards too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:19 am 
Bimmer Twinky

The first micra i got was given to me free (Poo Brown yukky lookin thing really,,, all beaten up & crappy) but was a real cracker & then i looked around & found another one on e-bay for $450 & was a really nice little car, so then i found a spare gearbox for $100 & so on it went

i started having a look around & found a few guys (all over the world) were starting to do micra engine conversions & me being the person i am decided that a turbo charged micra powered Monaco GT fastback mini wouldn`t be such a bad little road car, with the occasional track day thrown in of course :-)

out of all the Jap-engine conversions i`ve seen & helped create over the years i think they`re the cutest engine conversion for a mini, not to big,,, not to expensive,,, neat & tidy,,, & reliable... & they`re a 1275cc engine too :-)

with them being 1275cc & being that the sports version was released as the "Sooper S",,, so i`m pretty sure they aimed their sales pitch directly at the mini.

i like em,,, they`re very in-expensive... & easy to make 100Hp N/A
so it isn`t rocket surgery or brain science now is it ? :-)

You should put your heart & soul into everything you do.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:29 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Matt, have you weighed the Micra engine and box yet :?: :D :arrow:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:32 pm 
998cc
998cc

before going aftermarket ECU i would look if http://www.nistune.com/ will work with your ECU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:32 pm 
848cc
848cc

matt have you gotten one of those engines out of your blue micra? i mean what did you do to that other than strip out the interior? i can vouch for anyone doubting the spritely-ness of a micra. it may have just been matt chucking it about but that thing was flying round the corners when he was eherm, driving sensibly...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:23 pm 
Bimmer Twinky

hee hee,,, hey Phil,, the motor in the monaco currently is from my first micra (the yukky brown one)
the blue micra is still complete, awaiting it`s engine/box removal within the next few weeks i expect
sort-of sad really as it`s a great little car,,, perfect for someone to slip an SR20 into it :-)

working on cut-n-shut axles now

also started making 2 inlet manifolds , both n/a with bike carbs,,, & a turbo version :-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:54 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Location: Burpengary, Queensland - Home of Tricky Performance Engineering
Where are the photo's you Ol' Dog??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:56 pm 
Bimmer Twinky

here`s a photo Tricky-->

& another one -->

& what about this photo???

:-)

more pics of conversion coming soon,,,i`m in Byron right now & axles getting cut & shut next week
:-)
stay tuned :-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:32 pm 
998cc
998cc

Surf should be good. Hope you get a few brother!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:52 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Location: Burpengary, Queensland - Home of Tricky Performance Engineering
Frame looks great Matt! How were the waves?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:46 pm 
Bimmer Twinky

extractors made & fitted, but now making a turbo manifold

axles are in the middle of being made, (((cut-n-shut-n-sleaved))) :-)

inlet manifolds are next,,, we have a new tig alloy welder now so will be playing with welding ally over the weekend :-) so 2x R1 Yamaha bike carb manifolds,,, a modified injection manifold to suit std throttle body but sideways,,, & a turbo inlet manifold will all be sorted before long :-)

stay tuned :-)

Last edited by TheMiniMan on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:48 pm 
848cc
848cc

Coming to have a look at this on Friday. Gonna get myself those seats you were talking about matt...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:58 pm 
998cc
998cc

Doggy is growing way to fast. Liking the sound of a turbo more n more. I better raid the secret ice cream fund.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 am 
Bimmer Twinky

Tricky, the waves were pretty good for the first few days of hols, & not many people out either, but then the surf dropped off, & for some reason more people arrived, but i was travelling back n forth 3x trips to Bne & back throughout the hols, keeping up with paying bills & ordering parts & building gearboxes & engines & such, keeping Archie on the go etc,,, so it wasn`t a bad holiday, but a fair bit of driving :-)

Clive, yes i think you`d like the turbo version, :-) but we`ll get one running N/A first, either with std throttle body & ecu & loom etc,,, or with the bike carbs,,, whichever one we end up getting onto first i spose... either way we`ll end up with at least 3x versions to play with.

the monaco is still at the exhaust shop Phil so probly won`t be back here by friday, maybe next friday tho... then we swap the whole frame & motor package out of that car & dummy it up into the black Monaco & make it all work & run in that one... simply because we have Marly`s automatic motor & frame ready to go into the red Monaco for her & she`s been champing at the bit to have her car running so we`ll sort that for her & finish the Micra conversion in my Black Monaco.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next