Ausmini
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: conversion help
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:04 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi just joined ausmini and also just brought a mini and have to do a full resto on it . Was wondering if anyone could show me pics or if close to me i could come visit ur mini as im looking at a g13b conversion . I have the complete gti and started stripping it . Sorry to go on but any help or info would be good thanx . Im from logan qld .

Post subject: Re: conversion help
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:19 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi Mini 09 I am just startin out on the same conversion myself, still trying to find a ready made solution to front subframe and bigger brakes, so if you find one let me know

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:22 pm 
848cc
848cc

No worries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:10 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Hey guys. Plenty of info in this forum in particular related to g13b swaps so have a dig through the pages. First thing to do is talk to an engineer from your state about what you can and can't do. (There's a list in the stickies of this forum) They will be the person responsible for signing the paper that allows your car on the road so advice from anyone else is really to be taken as a rough guide only. Conversions are pretty hard work and expensive so be prepared to double your budget and your time frame. As far as ready made kits go.. There is s guy in Sydney who was doing drive in drive out kits but I haven't seen any of his work in person so can't comment. Harley on here did design and build a fantastic frame if you pm him he may be able to point you in the right direction however I don't know if he's got any now as he's gone Vtec.. Other than that you can look at an alspeed kit from the UK but check with your engineer first and expect to spend a lot of money. If you can fabricate a bit you can build your own frame, that's what I did. Another good source of info is 16vminiclub.com lots of Suzuki builds from Europe and America on there. As far as parts and brakes go, there are literally 10+ easy to source brake upgrade options be it standard mini or from other cars. Do a bit of googling and you will find plenty of options and suppliers of parts both here and abroad.

There is a lot of info here though. Just have a dig through this engine conversions forum.

Cheers

Sean

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:59 am 
848cc
848cc

Cheers for the comments Sean, I have been on the 16V forums for about a year and reading though forums here for the same, and well aware of buying stuff from UK if you have the money upfront, but from time to time you hear about aussie made stuff group buys or builds, so that is what I am looking for