Ausmini
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:38 pm 
religious status
religious status

I'm thinking late Jan or early Feb?
Prefer a mid week, cars only, you get more run sessions. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:43 pm 
ET 13.457 seconds , OH YEAH !!!!

Agreed, give me time to get my dellorto and wheels sorted 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:53 am 
Yay For Hay!

drmini in aust wrote:

that makes it tough for me as I'm looking at an overnight effort.... I like the week-day idea, but needs to be a Friday or Monday. However, don't make any extra organising effort on my account - I'm really only 30-40% likely to make it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:07 am 
religious status
religious status

skssgn wrote:
drmini in aust wrote:

that makes it tough for me as I'm looking at an overnight effort.... I like the week-day idea, but needs to be a Friday or Monday. However, don't make any extra organising effort on my account - I'm really only 30-40% likely to make it

When I said `mid-week', I meant Mon-Fri, not weekends. Mon or Fri are best for me too- but I can swap days I work ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:54 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Kev, I doubt you would get on the circuit at weekends in that time frame. When it was up for sale last time someone suggested to me it wouls have been a good investment. I was involved in something else at the time so didn'y pursue it. A lost oppurtunity it would seem. The place is booming and with OP closing, would seem to be destined to be busier. We have problems getting bookings to run kart meetings on the weekends. While I am here have a look at this guy

http://www.m90.org/gallery/video/Iraqi-speed.wmv

He is bloody amazing in a car.

Everything I like is either
illegal, immoral or fattening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:46 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

bloody crazey
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:54 pm 
ET 13.457 seconds , OH YEAH !!!!

bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:51 am 
religious status
religious status

I vote the MDC look at a weekday outing, after Brad's dyno day.. :wink:
Take a sickie if you have to, it's worth it. :P
I'll just rearrange my leisure & work schedules.. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:32 am 
998cc
998cc

Dont forget guys, if it seems at bit far to travel up and back in one day there is always the on track accomodation. Kasjim has stayed there so he will tell you all about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:08 am 
1098cc
1098cc

ozmotorsport wrote:
Dont forget guys, if it seems at bit far to travel up and back in one day there is always the on track accomodation. Kasjim has stayed there so he will tell you all about it.

I have been going there for about 5 years now and have always stayed at the Pelican Sheepstation next door, cheaper than the track by a lot. You have the choice of cabins or a cheaper way is their bunkhouse accomodation. This is seperate bedrooms which has a big recreation/kitchen area attached. The only downer is having to use a toilet/ shower block which is external. I think the freight is only about $15 per head per night. The cabins cost $72 per night and can sleep 6 if you are REAL friendly but 4 is more realistic. The cabins have one double bed and 4 bunks in them. There is also a big fire pit to sit around at night, drink grog and BS each other which is always a good thing. Phone number is 48214668. If I was going with a group of guys I would use the bunkhouse. Another advantage is that there is no need to worry about security of the vehicles although that applies to the ontrack accomodation also. We leave the karts at the track overnight in the pit sheds and have never lost anything.

Everything I like is either
illegal, immoral or fattening.

Last edited by Chris on Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Goulburn Backpackers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:14 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Chris wrote:
ozmotorsport wrote:

I have been going there for about 5 years now and have always stayed at the Pelican Sheepstation next door, cheaper than the track by a lot. You have the choice of cabins or a cheaper way is their dormitory accomodation. This is seperate bedrooms which has a big recreation/kitchen area attached. The only downer is having to use a toilet/ shower block which is external. I think the freight is only about $15 per head per night. The cabins cost $72 per night and can sleep 6 if you are REAL friendly. There is also a big fire pit to sit around at night, drink grog and BS each other which is always a good thing.

The big pub on the corner in the main street is also pretty cheap as is the Motel in the main street - but give em a call first and make a deal first based on the numbers you get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:53 pm 
1098cc
1098cc

On-Track accom is actually pretty good....
Its several large dorm-type buildings with about 6 bedrooms (2 doubles in each room)
and 4 shower / toilet facilities....

Its a little expensive at $50 / head but i DO have a freebie certificate here if anyone needs it (PM me or email...)

I'm out this time, but I'll be there next time..... i promise........

J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:18 pm 
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK
I DWIVE A BIG TWUCK

i stayed in them the beds are comfy room 1 and 6 has a single and double in them :)
we stayed in dorm 1 :)
makka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:37 pm 
998cc
998cc

When are you guys going down? If its Mid Feb i might come down for a run....in the Sprinter.

Will I still be able to run if my licence is suspended :P ...Might have to drag the younger brother along...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:31 pm 
religious status
religious status

MiniK wrote:
When are you guys going down? If its Mid Feb i might come down for a run....in the Sprinter.

Will I still be able to run if my licence is suspended :P ...Might have to drag the younger brother along...

Sorry Dave... no can run without current drivers license.. :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next