Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Wheel offset advice
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:52 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

DavidE wrote:
9YaTaH wrote:
TJH1973 wrote:
Thanks for all of the comments team. Managed to swap mags with a mate and got it thru inspection on Monday.
Will be ordering a new set of mags soon so I don't have the same issue next year.

Your choice, but I would not go to that much trouble for no good reason! :idea:

[PS absolutely NO guaranty the numptys won't try and get you for some other thing in their "bible" :roll: ]

The poster has not said that the inspection was undertaken at Hume. It may well have been one of the approved authorised inspectors. There are 94!

Sure, sure, sure...but this bastardry has got ex-Dickson Staff who transferred to Hume written all over it...DON'T just take my word for it, ask others in say the Mini CC :P

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:30 pm 
998cc
998cc

Quote:
Sure, sure, sure...but this bastardry has got ex-Dickson Staff who transferred to Hume written all over it...DON'T just take my word for it, ask others in say the Mini CC :P

I do not need to do that.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:10 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

DavidE wrote:
Quote:

So you work for...Road Transport Authority? Access Canberra? Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate? etc

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:30 pm 
998cc
998cc

9YaTaH wrote:
DavidE wrote:
Quote:

So you work for...Road Transport Authority? Access Canberra? Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate? etc

No.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:34 pm 
998cc
998cc

9YaTaH wrote:
timmy201 wrote:
I’d get a set of the nice Aussie spec flares - they are the best choice for a Cooper S

and the weirdo's "working" in the ACT anti-car authority will still knock you back because some tyre can still be seen...meanwhile, the hot rodders roll around with tiny or no guards at all with impunity...NOT TO MENTION! Jacked-up Tradie Utes and Off Road 4WDs...this criminal BS has been going on in Canberra for decades :roll:

EDIT: its is common knowledge that these numptys operate from a "bible" and have been doing so for decades...if you are unlucky enough to own a car that had a comment added to the "bible" decades ago...the numptys immediately react when you bring your car in for rego. Come to think of it, it is probably now the newby numptys taking action, just because it was written in the "bible" all those yeards ago...disgusting behavior :roll:

I am told that the rejection did not take place at the Govt Inspection Station at Hume. Your assumptions and presumptions are invalid.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:38 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

The Hot Rodders have taken over the Council of Car Clubs in the ACT (the main ACT car club to Government interface) ..I have nothing against them...but the authorities need to be sensible and even handed...check out these registered vehicles! :roll:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:40 pm 
998cc
998cc

9YaTaH wrote:
The Hot Rodders have taken over the Council of Car Clubs in the ACT (the main ACT car club to Government interface) ..I have nothing against them...but the authorities need to be sensible and even handed...check out these registered vehicles! :roll:

No such organisation.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:43 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

DavidE wrote:
I am told that the rejection did not take place at the Govt Inspection Station at Hume. Your assumptions and presumptions are invalid.

If that is true, then the that garage should lose its registration and automotive inspections and certifications status...including authorised inspection station :evil:

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:45 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

DavidE wrote:
9YaTaH wrote:

No such organisation.

David, you really are showing your ignorance or lack of understanding about the Canberra Car scene...

https://www.cactmc.org.au/

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:27 am 
998cc
998cc

9YaTaH wrote:
DavidE wrote:
9YaTaH wrote:

No such organisation.

David, you really are showing your ignorance or lack of understanding about the Canberra Car scene...

https://www.cactmc.org.au/

The name of the organisation is the Council of ACT Motor Clubs, not as you wrote.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:04 am 
1360cc
1360cc

DavidE wrote:
The name of the organisation is the Council of ACT Motor Clubs, not as you wrote.

Concessional Registration Scheme.
To view the list of all the clubs affiliated with the Council visit The Council of ACT Motor Clubs website http://www.cactmc.org.au/ or alternatively for further information contact the ACT Council of Car Clubs via email to msaunde2@bigpond.net.au...Ummmmm :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:40 pm 
848cc
848cc

thank god i live in queensland

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:27 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

DavidE wrote:

So what? David.E

I'm trying to work out why you seem to have it in for me?

Did I take the last Tim Tam at a Mini CC meeting over 15 years ago? and you still have a bee in your bonnet?

Seems if I said the sky was Surf Blue you would come back with No! it's Marine Blue...

David from Kaleen? I used to live around the other side in Glenelg...

or is it that you have family working at Hume? or in the system? With your background of service, I can understand why you might be on the side of the "regulators".  

If so, you should know that my criticism is not personal, just a fact that their odd behavior has been the bane of ACT car owners for decades...remember how Ian locked his Cooper S over the pits over their stupidity? He asked to see a Supervisor (who were usually more down to earth)...and got satisfaction...

Suggest you chill out?  :idea:

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:32 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Topic Locked

VMCI #43

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2