Ausmini
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Mini Van Register ?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:32 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi All,
I've lurked on this forum for approx 12 months - and its a great resource - and thank to the people that run it. and a special thanks for getting it running again when it fell over. I've seen posts outside of this forum ( ie on Facebook ) where it has been praised and acknowledged that the ausmini forum is a great repository of knowledge.

I am wondering who i would have to petition to get a separate Mini Van register section in the forum?

Vans are a mini type that stretches from 1963 through to 1977 - and beyond (if you include the BMW mini clubman). But build data is spread across different registers, and in the case of the Mini K very difficult to work out.

I know that info is spotty at best - but to have one place where a Van owner can compare plates, engine numbers, body numbers, wiper motor dates etc. would be great.

Sorry if this is a old topic /hot potato/ eye-rolling topic / - I havent been around here long enough to know the history!

Cheers,

Pete

Post subject: Re: Mini Van Register ?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:22 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

pgpete wrote:
Hi All,
I've lurked on this forum for approx 12 months - and its a great resource - and thank to the people that run it. and a special thanks for getting it running again when it fell over. I've seen posts outside of this forum ( ie on Facebook ) where it has been praised and acknowledged that the ausmini forum is a great repository of knowledge.

I am wondering who i would have to petition to get a separate Mini Van register section in the forum?

Vans are a mini type that stretches from 1963 through to 1977 - and beyond (if you include the BMW mini clubman). But build data is spread across different registers, and in the case of the Mini K very difficult to work out.

I know that info is spotty at best - but to have one place where a Van owner can compare plates, engine numbers, body numbers, wiper motor dates etc. would be great.

Sorry if this is a old topic /hot potato/ eye-rolling topic / - I havent been around here long enough to know the history!

Cheers,

Pete

I have started to build van register but it is a bit thin on numbers. I only have about 200 in total of the YJBAV1R, 2R, 4R and 6R vans.

I am finding it hard to get the build dates to line up as I only have access to a few passports to service and a few service bulletins.

I tried to match the dates of the 850 and poverty pack engine numbers with van engine numbers but found they didn't line up very well either. Original wiper dates can be the same month or up to 6 months earlier. Average buid numbers over each month can change and slow sales can throw out the build dates as well. There are a few factors that need to be cross referenced to get an accurate build date.

I was going to wait until i had more data before adding the register to the others but that may take a while. If someone has a bigger register of their own and is happy to host a van register I am more than happy to pass on my info and work with them to get it up and running.

It wasnt that hard to set up a register on here. The Deluxe, Mini K, SS, Sunshine, Minimatic and Poverty Pack registers were only started 2 years ago and are coming along ok.

If anyone keeps their own van register or has a van they would like to add or even just a Passport to service and is happy to pass on the info I would be much appreciated.

Last edited by gtogreen1969 on Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:40 am 
848cc
848cc

Count me in on this! I know, it's an old thread!

I have a 76 ClubVan, YDO21V, with the factory side window kit, in Dulon "Yellow Devil", and would be glad to contribute any other info for the Register.
I have also tracked other Oz Vans over the years and may be able to contribute info from them.

Also, I have a very old *ini Exprience Article called VanTastic (Issue 21 - Jan to March - 2010) created by Craig Watson ( Watto ) that I have digitized from scans of the original magazine. I use this only for my own enjoyment. But if we can somehow get Watto's permission to allow for his detailed Australian Production of vans information to be posted here. I'll gladly offer it up for this use.

Winabbey; admin folks:
Do you know about the use of this published material being allowed to be housed here in Ausmini? Please let me know if I'm way out of line.

Best regards to all,
Mark

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:36 am 
848cc
848cc

Okay, so I've started to request permission for the use of the VanTastic article. I will revert once more is known.
Thanks again,
Mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:48 am 
1360cc
1360cc

automark wrote:
Winabbey; admin folks:
Do you know about the use of this published material being allowed to be housed here in Ausmini? Please let me know if I'm way out of line.

Copyrighted material (such as TME articles) needs the specific permission of the copyright owner to be published here.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:35 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

I might just upload an unnoficial Van register. Hopefully it will get more people involved so we can add more vans and make adjustments. I was going to wait until I had more sale dates and a good write up but it seems like there might be more value in releasing a working copy rather that waiting a few more years to upload one to the proper register. Thoughts??

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:09 am 
848cc
848cc

Okay, so I've started to request permission for the use of the VanTastic article. I will revert once more is known.
To be absolute, I've started a conversation with Watto, and he has said he'll look into it as time allows.

Thanks again,
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:19 am 
848cc
848cc

And, I too, am interested in the "Traffic" that a Working Copy could bring. That way, we can flesh out the bare bones of whatever we have.
Thanks!
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:38 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Van register is up and running - viewtopic.php?f=64&t=101238

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:38 am 
848cc
848cc

It's great to see the Mini Van Register up and running! Many Thanks to gtogreen1969 and Winabbey for getting it "ready for primetime"!
I'll look forward to seeing the information grow, and will notify a few folks about it so that they can contribute.
Thanks once again, gtogreen1969!
Best,
Mark