Ausmini
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:39 pm 
848cc
848cc

I have a 2 speed (spd) mini wiper motor, a new 2 spd switch from a mgb, 105 deg wheel and the wiring diagram to install. I dismantled the original single spd motor and the 2 spd one to clean and check. The armatures, cases, appear to be the same - just the different auto-park fingers (number of terminals) and the number of brushes on the mounting plates. There is a provision for the third brush set. Has anyone tried mounting an additional brush fixture so its the same as the 2 spd and used the readily available new 2 spd wiring/park fingers? I have tried it on the bench and seems to work perfectly. Am I missing something? Seems a bit too easy. Or I can just use the 2 spd wiper. Just throwing it out there.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:21 pm 
848cc
848cc

you are 100% spot on, well done

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:05 am 
848cc
848cc

I have done this to a few motors and it is a simple task. Most difficult part was reattaching the brush plate after grinding the burred bit off to be able tpremove it. Made up a jig that locates over 2 posts and then use that as a guide for the very small drill to drill holes for screws. All Good and Easy Peasy (Thanks Matt).