Ausmini
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:30 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to Dan Andrews and a little thing called COVID, I have managed to finish my first reproduction Newcell Radiator ID plate. The attached pics show the first one produced for my own car, a Sept '69 MK2 Cooper S which is soldered onto to the common $180 3 core Minispares radiator available everywhere which looks pretty close to the later style angled top tanked radiator.

I am looking for those of you in Mini fraternity who would be willing to pay $18 plus a few bucks postage to purchase a Newcell radiator ID plate stamped to your own month / year of production.

This will suit those who want the original look but may want to use the later 3 core type or you might have a Mini you are restoring but don't have the original radiator tag and want to add the correct month / year of production to the radiator you have.

The plate easily solders (or may glue using a suitable adhesive glue) into place and with a quick coat of flat black you are in business, you don't even have to remove the radiator if you don't want to!

I can provide all of the part numbers on the attached pic, plus I will stamp the plate with your own month/year of production using stamps sourced to be as close to original as possible.

This may not happen straight away as I need emails from at least 5 committed members per part number in order to manufacture.

Please take a look at the pics, if you think you would be happy with one (or more), please let me know by PM the plate part number, qty and the month/year of production you would like stamped into each of your plates and I'll let you know when I have enough to produce a batch, delivery should only be a week or so after that.

thanks and regards Gavin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by SMK269 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:46 am 
1098cc
1098cc

Just wondering if you would put up a picture of one of your reproduction Newcell ID Plates before I consider making an order.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:22 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi Cooperess,

There is a pic in the post of the reproduction plate in its bare state after I have soldered it onto the new radiator. Pic no. is 0433.jpg

kind regards Gavin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:49 pm 
848cc
848cc

Nice job

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:13 am 
848cc
848cc

I am probably being pedantic here, but on assembly line wouldn’t the radiator date be earlier than production date as per wiper motors. Still a great thing for originality. Well done.
Cheers, Alan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:11 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Stibbsy wrote:
I am probably being pedantic here, but on assembly line wouldn’t the radiator date be earlier than production date as per wiper motors. Still a great thing for originality. Well done.
Cheers, Alan.

Yes, you are correct. The date stamp on Lucas, Smiths, Wilmot Breedon and other externally sourced parts is the date they were made and so would typically be one or a few months earlier than the vehicle production date.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:38 pm 
848cc
848cc

Yes thanks for picking me up on that one gents, it made me go and check some of the date stamped components again. The Wiper Motor is Sept, the Ignition Coil is May, the Starter Motor is Sept, the Alternator is August, the Starter Solenoid is October, so the September radiator plate should still fit within the timing. Looks pretty good now it's in place, even if I do say so myself!
regards Gavin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:55 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Great project. Anything with "Made in Australia" on it must be gold.

1966 Deluxe- next rustoration!
Mk 2 & XJ6 Jags. Less said the better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:33 pm 
848cc
848cc

Hi Gavin

Are you still doing these plates?

Regards
Steve 0447372555