Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:52 am 
848cc
848cc

So yesterday we purchased a roundnose to restore for the young fella. We have a British Motor company plate (Australia) attached to the firewall. My question is do these Minis have any other numbers anywhere else that I can look for.
Shocking photo but all I have till we get it home. I will be honest and say I know not much at all about these cars so I apologise if it's a silly question to ask.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:38 am 
Yay For Hay!

There's probably a number stamped on to the top of the radiator shroud, which will match what's on the ID plate. That's the number you'll use for rego.

The ID plate will have something like YMA2S1 on it, google that and you'll find out what it is

Post a picture of the ID plate when you have one and someone will tell you all about it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:17 am 
1360cc
1360cc

As Simon says post a pic of the ID plate to identify it.

Are the doors with it? If so are they sliding window or wind-up window? Since the wipers park to the right it will most likely be a Mini 850 or Mini Deluxe, or perhaps a Mini Matic.

Further body stampings and other details will be in the relevant Register here - viewforum.php?f=43

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:57 am 
848cc
848cc

Thanks. There is 1 door in it but no clue as to what window it is or even if its off this car originally, it's been stripped right back and we got it as an unfinished project. All the engine bits are just that. Bits lol.Have attached the pic of the plate in engine bay.
It also has the Morris badge with the bull on it so that indicates 1960/61 ish.......
Will go through all the parts later to see if we have the radiator shroud.
If not is there anywhere these numbers will be found?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:07 am 
1275cc
1275cc

It’s a 1964 Morris 850 going by the plate, so all you need to know is here:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=95881

The number stamped into the body is in that rusty area right below the plate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:14 am 
848cc
848cc

timmy201 wrote:

Thankyou so much that. Literally just found the same post u linked me with. Will have a closer look at that area when it arrives later today.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:50 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Miniobsessedboy wrote:
timmy201 wrote:

Thankyou so much that. Literally just found the same post u linked me with. Will have a closer look at that area when it arrives later today.

This website is good for understanding the 850 stampings, https://eight-fifty.com/identification/ ... stampings/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:38 pm 
848cc
848cc

simon k wrote:
There's probably a number stamped on to the top of the radiator shroud, which will match what's on the ID plate. That's the number you'll use for rego.

The ID plate will have something like YMA2S1 on it, google that and you'll find out what it is

Post a picture of the ID plate when you have one and someone will tell you all about it

So the number on the radiator shroud is diff to what's on the plate. The number stamped into the body below the plate is very rust damaged but it seems to resemble the number on the plate we think.....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:45 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Miniobsessedboy wrote:
simon k wrote:

So the number on the radiator shroud is diff to what's on the plate. The number stamped into the body below the plate is very rust damaged but it seems to resemble the number on the plate we think.....

The number below the ID plate is the chassis number and is used for rego identification. It is the same as the car number on the ID plate. - like this

Attachment:
YMA2S1 55816 8YUH 16002 Black .jpg

The body code and body build number on the radiator shroud was used during panel assembly and is not used for rego identification.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:21 pm 
848cc
848cc

gtogreen1969 wrote:
Miniobsessedboy wrote:
simon k wrote:

The number below the ID plate is the chassis number and is used for rego identification. It is the same as the car number on the ID plate. - like this

Attachment:
YMA2S1 55816 8YUH 16002 Black .jpg

The body code and body build number on the radiator shroud was used during panel assembly and is not used for rego identification.

This is what we can see under the plate. Thanks for the help I'm learning more each day.