Ausmini
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:54 pm 
848cc
848cc

1975 Leyland Mini S 1100 - Where is it now?

In 1975 I bought my first brand new car, a Leyland Mini S 1100 in Nutmeg Metallic brown with Brown Interior with the honeycomb cloth centres, oddly it it had no Tachometer but all the other “S” features were present (I did not even know it should have had a tachometer at the time, typical Leyland parts bin approach I expect). I loved that car and I still miss it. The South Australian motor registry says it’s rego which was SFF863 expired on 21/03/1997 and it was Red by then, which is a bit sad as when I picked it up I was told by the Bryson salesman it was the first Metallic Mini in the state.
It’s Chassis number is 13524 and the engine number 1015-10190
Does anyone here own it now or know of it? I would really like to know if it’s still in existence.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:01 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

jaybee wrote:
... oddly it it had no Tachometer but all the other “S” features were present (I did not even know it should have had a tachometer at the time, typical Leyland parts bin approach I expect).

This Service Liaison Summary explains your missing tacho. I assume it had a clock in lieu?

Good luck with your search.

Attachment:
SLS 3_75 p2 marked.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VMCI #43

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:34 pm 
848cc
848cc

winabbey wrote:
jaybee wrote:
... oddly it it had no Tachometer but all the other “S” features were present (I did not even know it should have had a tachometer at the time, typical Leyland parts bin approach I expect).

This Service Liaison Summary explains your missing tacho. I assume it had a clock in lieu?

Good luck with your search.

Attachment:
SLS 3_75 p2 marked.jpg

Thanks for that. The cheeky buggers no one mentioned it to me when I picked it up. This group is excellent for sharing info like this :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:02 am 
Yay For Hay!

That's brilliant - do you remember if it had the clock?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:48 pm 
848cc
848cc

simon k wrote:
That's brilliant - do you remember if it had the clock?

No clock that I remember just the Two instrument cluster I think, but it might have had a clock it was a very long time ago, certainly no Tachometer though as I installed one myself. These days of course I would have a few 100 digital photos of it, but back then it was just film and pricey so reference shots are few and far between. The paradox is all these modern cars will have 1,000’s of digital reference shots, but will never last long enough to be in need of restoration. :lol: