Ausmini
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:06 pm 
848cc
848cc

I'd like to take out my radiator, and had a question on Matt Read's suggested guide below.

The guide suggests removing both bolts circled in red, but looking at it.. is there any reason why I couldn't instead remove the 2 bolts circled in yellow? These seem much easier to access....
Attachment:
Bolts-to-remove-rad.jpg

Quote:
Firstly, you take the 2 engine mount bolts & nuts out from the passengers side,,, then jack the engine up on that side,

2ndly you undo & remove the 2 vertical bolts that mount the bottom radiator bracket to the engine mount bracket (Not the 2 bolts that are located side ways through the lower radiator bracket to the lower radiator cowl, just leave them there),

then with the top radiator bracket & both top & bottom radiator hoses un-clamped, it’s just a matter of lifting the whole assembly, radiator with cowls attached , in one big bit, straight up & out of the hole... easy-peasy

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:14 pm 
998cc
998cc

The bracket would still be held in place with the engine mount. Also the long bolts are a pain to get out anyway.
The red ones give easy removal but refitting can be pain to line them both up again. Just persevere.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:32 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

The red ones aren’t too bad with a ratcheting spanner, just undo the front one first

The yellow ones aren’t too bad either (as Matt’s method involves removing the LH engine mount already) I believe it’s just harder to remove the rad with that lower bracket attached

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:38 pm 
848cc
848cc

Thanks for the replies Dave and Timmy.. I'll give it a crack.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:49 pm 
848cc
848cc

Steam wrote:
The bracket would still be held in place with the engine mount. Also the long bolts are a pain to get out anyway.
The red ones give easy removal but refitting can be pain to line them both up again. Just persevere.

I ended up grinding the harder to get to bolt so it became a locating pin...