Ausmini
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: HELP! HERO wanted!
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:56 am 
848cc
848cc

hey guys....i need some serious help!

first of all my exhaust sound is so lumpy that it sounds like a rotor...secondly when i rev the car up to about 3500rpm and onwards it starts to miss/backfire...thirdly the plugs keep on being fouled wih carbon deposits, even after i clean them and run the car on idle for 2-3mins...

i have tried to tune the air/fuel mixture by adjusting the carbi jet nut on the carbi by turning it to achieve max revs and then the other way til it just starts to fall then back up again 1/6 of a turn....this still makes the same problem....

i have also tried to adjust the rotation on the dizzy to get rid of the lumpiness but no matter how far i advance/retard it, it still sounds like a rotorary...

does anyone here live in sydney and would like to give me a hand PLEEAASSEEE???? :lol: preferably someone who knows how to tune carby's and have a iming gun to do the timing properly also.

i live in peakhurst, hurstville area of sydney....i guess in between the city and liverpool area...

whoever can help resolve the dilemma will be considered my PERSONAL HERO :D !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:21 am 
1360cc
1360cc

Lumpy like a rotor!! Nice, Love my wankels!, is it running on all 4 cylinders? Check points gap make sure they havnt closed up, think they should be bout 15-18 thou, but yeah will need a timing light once its adjusted. What sort of carb u running? Best starting point is to remove the dashpot and piston, wind the jet up so its flush with the bridge then wind it out 12 flats of the adjusting nut or 2 full turns, that will be a start. If shes fouling plugs must be way to rich.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:05 pm 
848cc
848cc

its a hs4 (1.5" SU)...tried adjusting jet but always runs rich then at one point, it will be so lean that it wont start!

will check points later today but im pretty sure all four are firing as there are carbon deposits on all four plugs, all even also.