Ausmini
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:55 pm 
848cc
848cc

Just doing some research on the location of the sensor and wondering what others have done. I have found and already have a sump plug adapter, though not keen to use it with the mechanical oil temp gauge (will be putting a sump guard on, but still vulnerable). There is also the block which fits behind the oil filter housing, oil filter housing with a port and a separate oil temperature sender unit housing (minispares). Is there anything wrong with using a smiths electrical oil temp gauge and sender (1/8x27 nptf) and modifying the readily available oil gauge T piece ? I realize doing this removes the option of a 20psi oil pressure warning switch, but running a centre pickup. Thoughts ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:48 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

You can use a sandwich plate like this which gives you a couple of 1/8 npt ports (as long as you’re using a spin on oil filter)

https://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/oil ... apter.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:07 pm 
848cc
848cc

timmy201 wrote:
You can use a sandwich plate like this which gives you a couple of 1/8 npt ports (as long as you’re using a spin on oil filter)

https://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/oil ... apter.html

Thanks Timmy, that's a good idea I hadn't considered. I am going to use a spin on filter. It shouldn't protrude down further than the original felt S one and can still run the oil pressure switch on the T piece adapter. We were going to use one of them for the oil temp sensor/gauge on our Lotus 7 clubman clone builds (sr20det), but used a remote oil filter with ports and to run the oil cooler. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:24 pm 
998cc
998cc

Back in the day, I put a T piece in the oil cooler line and put a sender in there.