Ausmini
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:02 pm 
998cc
998cc

spraycanmansam wrote:
Are those callipers the gun metal grey or titanium finish? They look great. How much did they cost to ship if you don't mind?

The calipers are titanium finish. Couldn't decide between titanium, gun metal or silver. :?
I 've got no regrets now!! They look really good in real life. Hopefully I will get a nice pic with them on the car soon.

Postage was 80 pounds, but that was a bunch of other little stuff as well as the brake kit. The total cost landed was around AU$750-800 for the discs, drive flanges, callipers and pads. Not bad for brand new brakes I think. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:08 pm 
998cc
998cc

Good thing you didn't go for a rear disc conversion. They are about AUD$1500! :shock: Made by KAD so no surprise really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:36 pm 
998cc
998cc

hahaha... yeah looked at those, but they reckon it doesn't really add to the braking effectiveness over drums, it just decreases weight, so not really worth it on a street car except for brag factor.

All of the KAD stuff looks so well made and super cool, but sooooooo exxy! :shock:

Now that would be a good place to have a staff discount.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:28 pm 
Forum Graffiti

'77 clubby van wrote:
spraycanmansam wrote:
Are those callipers the gun metal grey or titanium finish? They look great. How much did they cost to ship if you don't mind?

The calipers are titanium finish. Couldn't decide between titanium, gun metal or silver. :?
I 've got no regrets now!! They look really good in real life. Hopefully I will get a nice pic with them on the car soon.

Postage was 80 pounds, but that was a bunch of other little stuff as well as the brake kit. The total cost landed was around AU$750-800 for the discs, drive flanges, callipers and pads. Not bad for brand new brakes I think. 8)

How'd you swing that!? They're like 550 POUNDS on the site :? Haha, I can't decide on the gunmetal, titanium or silver either! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:50 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Location: Burpengary, Queensland - Home of Tricky Performance Engineering
Gunmetal!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:01 pm 
998cc
998cc

spraycanmansam wrote:
How'd you swing that!? They're like 550 POUNDS on the site :? Haha, I can't decide on the gunmetal, titanium or silver either! :P

Nah I already had cooper S hubs and CVs so I just got the conversion kit: callipers, discs & pads. Plus I got a pair of 8.4" drive flanges. The converion kit is 277 pounds. flanges maybe 30. (can't remember) :P

Its a fair bit more if you need hubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:34 am 
Yay For Hay!

how did you get them to send them for only 80 pounds... usually their freight price is close to the cost of the parts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:54 am 
998cc
998cc

Copy of email sent to me:
"Dear James

With reference to your recent order which is now packed up and ready to be despatched.

There are two ways that we can despatch your parcel,. these are UPS and International Air Parcel Post.

The cost of sending your order via UPS is £117.00 , and it will be with you within approx 5-6 days.

The cost of sending your order via International Air Parcel Post is £80.00 , and it will be with you within approx 6-7 days.

Please can you select the service you want us to despatch your order by. Once we receive your selection we will despatch your order immediately.

Best Regards
Daniel"

I was a bit worried about the freight cost, but when its that cheap and the products are pretty cheap too, its not really worth buying a set of old metro turbo brakes that need to be reco'd. Not for similar money! :shock:

Also ordering online is so easy if you work stupid hours like me. (And don't get me started on the time zone difference over here in WA compared to the eastern states)

Only took about a week and a half from ordering to recieving them, which is good I reckon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:21 pm 
Yay For Hay!

top stuff :)

and nice work in the van too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:54 pm 
ET 13.457 seconds , OH YEAH !!!!

hueylui wrote:
nice nice nice. make me feel like i need to make a move on!
good work!

hey what are you doing to your van? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:55 pm 
ET 13.457 seconds , OH YEAH !!!!

James looks awesome - love the brakes 8)

Are you still in need of a timing belt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:26 pm 
848cc
848cc

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i want my mini to have that motor :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:28 pm 
Forum Graffiti

'77 clubby van wrote:
spraycanmansam wrote:

Nah I already had cooper S hubs and CVs so I just got the conversion kit: callipers, discs & pads. Plus I got a pair of 8.4" drive flanges. The converion kit is 277 pounds. flanges maybe 30. (can't remember) :P

Its a fair bit more if you need hubs.

Ahhhh... I get it. Yeah, It's a bit more expensive for me because I need the whole lot :evil: I wasn't sure what the titanium finish would be like, but they look teh sex 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:02 pm 
998cc
998cc

Mini Mad wrote:
James looks awesome - love the brakes 8)

they're hot, but nothing compared to your 6 pots! :shock: 8)

Mini Mad wrote:
Are you still in need of a timing belt?

Nah, I found a timing belt kit locally. Thanks though. Glad to see the speedo cable end was useful.

A few more piccies.... everyone loves piccies.

some better photos of the brakes:

I fitted up the remote oil filter and hoses: (the hoses were a PITA, get them done by someone else, especially if the temperature is over 40!! :x )

I also put the grill and bonnet slam panel back on (still needs to be painted tho) because tomorrow she is off to have a custom radiator made up. :D

Sitting pretty...... and low!! :shock: 8)

And this is what I got up to on the weekend:
RS Liberty Club Tassie Padock Bash.... Basically a bit of a autocross track set up at one of the guys farm.

Too much fun!!

This is my bro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ5K1WjPww&feature=related
I love the sound of subis :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:24 pm 
998cc
998cc

Some pics from the RS Liberty Padock bash:
http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r63/james_minivan/

And the van going off to the radiator place:

While I was loading it on the trailer, a guy came up and started talking to me about minis (as they do) :roll: Apparently his sister in-law is trying to get rid of a '67 with sliding windows taking up yard space (all he could tell me about it) so she has my number. 8)

She was asking for 2G, but he reckons she would take 1 to get rid of it..... I haven't seen it yet, but living in Kalgoorlie all its life, it shouldn't have too much rust (crosses fingers)
We'll see what comes of this....... :wink:

(Just what I need, another project!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next