Ausmini
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:18 am 
1360cc
1360cc

It cant just be above the radiator, it has to ideally be above the highest point in the engine it goes to as well. Adding an expansion tank should solve your problem though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:25 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Yeah i know that im sure it is though its level with the top of the cam cover so should be above it all

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:32 pm 
1360cc
1360cc

Yep that sounds okay then.

Its interesting.....cams car doesnt have an expansion tank and its fine.
Have you got a heater connected up that might be trapping air?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:51 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

No i havnt put it in yet. Like i said it screamed compression leak when it was pooring the water out.. ive got another block there, might build a new bottom end up and remove all doubt as thats the only non new bit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:50 pm 
848cc
848cc

Geez its been a while!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:09 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

Didn't realise it had been so long since I updated this! No, not finished yet... Been spending too much money flying planes.. Currently sitting in the garage with the engine off being machined, all the front suspension is built, brakes are built, currently deciding whether to go with a bit more of a classic gauge setup as I think the full race dash setup doesn't look particularly clean.. I replaced the left hand a panel which was stuffed, changed the inlet manifold from quad throttles to a Hyundai single throttle plenum setup (easier to tune and I will turbo down the track) anyway here's a bunch of pictures, got a lot of stuff I need to re paint like the cam cover, I welded some an fittings into it for the oil catch can.

I'm going to try my best to get this thing driving by the end of the year.. Sick of not having a mini to drive

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:47 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

well.. i didnt get it driving by the end of 2016, nor 2021. I've done very little work since the last time i updated this thing. I've unfortunately had little time and even littler money to get anything done, i did buy a different frame, drive shafts and a few other bits from Harley about two years ago with the intention of finally getting the thing put together and done, however I've hit the wall again in terms of time and money so I'm considering options including swapping what i have for some a-series gear just to get the car back on the road again and then worry about going fast another time!

for anyone who's keens information that would include 2 complete engines (needing to be pulled to bits and inspected/ rebuilt), one short block that needs to be pulled apart and looked at, a spare head i used to build manifolds on, 2 cino gearboxes, one fitted with a PG LSD. two subframes (my design one which doesnt have driveshafts) and a Harley frame (rover mounts however the top has been converted to early mounts), driveshafts, modified reverse mount radiator, various intake plenums some modified to fit mini engine bay, cut down suzuki loom (engine was running with it however i was still in the process of modifying it), modified gear selectors, fuel regs and modified rail etc a few exhaust manifolds and plenty of other things i have forgotten about. all has been in storage a while so nothing is perfect but all a great base for a project if you have the time and money to put the pieces together.

so yeah, if youve got some good a series running gear you'd like to swap for that stuff I'm all ears, id probably be a month away from having it all out and ready to go. or convince me to keep going! the choice is yours!

cheers

sean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:32 pm 
1275cc
1275cc

WOW , now there's a blast from the past , good to see you are still hanging around the mini scene :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:48 am 
1360cc
1360cc

It's a shame that you've got this close and can't get it over the line, but I completely understand.
I vacillate between having no money & plenty of time, and currently paid handsomely but with no spare time.

Hope things change & you can finish it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29